No announcement yet.

The J Crew Killshots are back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a 9.5D Brannock and I wear them in 9.5. It was a tad narrow at first but they break in really well. I'd say buy a pair that's TTS and a pair half size larger and stick with the one that is snug fitted, but not painfully snug.

Comment

What sets them apart from other sneakers? I'm not understanding all the excitement either.

Comment

I think they just check a lot of boxes in terms of what many people are looking for in a sneaker that's white but not too white, a nice balance in terms of retro-leaning design with a sleek modern shape, simple but not completely plain design, and just a little bit different than the usual Sambas/Gazelles/Chucks/Vans sneaker options.
        Ben

Comment

Has there been word if they will be available online?

Comment

Originally posted by badger View Post
            Has there been word if they will be available online?
            March 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              I think they just check a lot of boxes in terms of what many people are looking for in a sneaker that's white but not too white, a nice balance in terms of retro-leaning design with a sleek modern shape, simple but not completely plain design, and just a little bit different than the usual Sambas/Gazelles/Chucks/Vans sneaker options.
              Yeah, all that. But if you guys don't get the appeal or excitement, that's cool. Just means a better chance at finding my size when I go.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                Yeah, all that. But if you guys don't get the appeal or excitement, that's cool. Just means a better chance at finding my size when I go.
                Have at it, they do nothing for me. The yellow sole is an eyesore in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                  Have at it, they do nothing for me. The yellow sole is an eyesore in my opinion.
                  Gumsoles can be polarizing, I will give you that. They have to be the right shade. The killshots don't look so contrasted in person, to me.

Comment

I'm with those who don't get the big deal about these shoes. I like the look, but there seem to be a number of shoes that look equally nice. Gum soles are not my style at all, so maybe that's why I'm ambivalent here. That being said, I hope each of you gets the pair you want.

Comment

I think it's the mix of navy, off white, and gum sole that makes it a good combination.

Personally, I love the gum sole and it is one of the main features I look for in a sneaker. Heck, even my boat shoes have brown gum soles.
                      Having owned several pairs of sneakers with white soles, I've always despised cleaning them. On top of that, they start to turn yellowish after a year or two that no amount of cleaning will fix.

Comment

I don't know, I just don't get the appeal of primarily white shoes. I mean, they're shoes. If you wear them outside at all, they are going to get dirty in some respects. Why fret over it with white shoes? To each their own though.

I wish these New Balance Heritage 1400's would come back. I loved the look of these.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                          I don't know, I just don't get the appeal of primarily white shoes. I mean, they're shoes. If you wear them outside at all, they are going to get dirty in some respects. Why fret over it with white shoes? To each their own though.

I wish these New Balance Heritage 1400's would come back. I loved the look of these.
                          Yeah those are great looking. Or 574s in a similar color scheme and they'd make a sale to me. Nice choice [MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Matt Dalton

Comment

I like those too. If I wearing mostly light colored clothing I want light shoes too. They may pick up some dirt in the day to day but are pretty easy to clean if they are leather so there is no fretting. Clorox bleach wipes work some miracles. I don't really do white canvas though. Not as easy to clean. I had some white Nike Cortez that stayed bright white for years... Except that stupid sponge sole. Nothing to be done about that material.

Comment

I think the killshot 2's are great. Just enough going on so they aren't overly plain, and it seems like they could get a bit scuffed and dirty and not look horrible like a lot of the all-white shoes. I don't care for visible branding anymore, but I have a soft spot for that nike swoosh (recovering Nike head). Reminds me of my high school days... if it didn't say "Nike", I wasn't wearing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                                Just enough going on so they aren't overly plain, and it seems like they could get a bit scuffed and dirty and not look horrible like a lot of the all-white shoes.
                                that is another big plus. the suede is strategically placed to cover the often scuffed areas and the retro vibe means they look good with some "patina" and dont have to stay pristine. With that said, all of that applies to the new balance [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] posted earlier and probably a couple of other options. I just personally like the lighter shade of the gum sole on the KS2.

Comment

Working...
                                X