Costco Kirkland Slim-fit shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco Kirkland Slim-fit shirts

Anyone know of a Montreal area Costco that carries these? My local Costco (St-Hubert)carries the Kirkland shirts, but no slim-fit. Too bad, because I find they are very well made shirts and are a steal at $17.

Never saw them in Trois-Rivieres either.

Comment

That's one area of Costco I always just ignore. It's like my mind doesn't even register that portion of the store. I have no explanation, though. I have no idea whether their slothes are any good or not because I've never really stopped to check them out.

Comment

Normally, the DIY way is to go to google and type "site:costco.ca 558574" which will then looks at all of the "In The Warehouse" listings and gives a list of the ones that have them.

Unfortunately, I'm getting no hits in either US or Canada. I think they just pulled them (I know my local one no longer has them) and might be in the middle of rotating them to new warehouses.

The other way is to walk up to the Customer Service desk and ask them to look up who has SKU 558574 in stock in the area. They can check inventory on their computers.

I ended up returning mine because the arm width were unusally deep for neck/sleeve size. I would have to taper the sleeve by more than 4 inches to make it fit me better.

Comment

@Alan, I feel the same way. It'd be fun to have the same brand shirt as your bottled water and trail mix though. If somebody tries these shirts out, give a review.

Comment

I believe the shirts have been reviewed ad nauseum at the Ask Andy About Clothes forum. I personally tried them and as I noted above, they were not for me.

Comment

My father wears the Kirkland dress shirts. They have good looking styles, but he doesn't wear a slim fit cut either. I could try his someday to see how they fit. I've contiated picking one up several times, and I don't believe they carry a slim fit cut version.

Comment

I've got a few of the regular fits, and after a few washes to get out the "wrinkle free" coating, I really like them. Split yoke, perfect pattern matching, and still looking almost new after 2 years. The fit is classic, without being huge. I had seen some references to slim-fit, but never actually saw them in store. I guess next step is to get one tailored and see how that comes out. Even with $20 tailoring, at $37 these would fast become my "go to" shirts.

Comment

Can anyone who's spotted these say if they came in a small or 14.5 neck? I actually do look through Costco's clothes whenever I'm there, but I typically skip past all the shirts because the sizing usually starts at M or 15/15.5. Which ain't gonna work for me, slim-fit or not.

I have found a few decent things in the Costco clothing section. A couple pair of decent flat-front Calvin Klein shorts last year, some 514 and Lucky jeans. I've seen, but didn't purchase, 505s. The store here occasionally carries some North Face stuff as well, for the outdoor gear freaks among us. I wish I'd bought more than one 3-pack of US-made Wigwam wool socks when I had the chance. They're great but seemed to disappear from shelves pretty quickly.

Ben

Comment

Not exactly an answer to the original question, but I found(on a sampling of 2 shirts) that downsizing by .5" on the regular gets you the same fit as the slim. I purchased a 16 slim and a 15.5 regular. Since these have exact arm measurements you can get a "slim" fit out of the regular provided you don't need to button the top button. The fabric is 80s/2 so you want mistake it for a top end shirt, but they look good enough for office casual.

Comment

@BenR The smallest size was 15/32

Comment

Thanks Tony. Might have to try 'em out anyway. I'm headed to Costco tomorrow anyway - we'll see if they even have these slim-fit shirts in stock.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                        X