Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Dress Boots?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Spex View Post
    Both boots above would be good with jeans and chinos, but neither is "dressy", and would not fly in my office with more tailored trousers.
    I am actually going to buy some lighter wingtip dress boots. I just wish I could find some good quality ones for under 400$.. I like how these are very slim and little to no eyelets.

    (walnut)
    http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/me...r=1111#start=5

    (amber)
    http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/me...gtip-boot.html

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BeastyDaBlaze View Post
      I am actually going to buy some lighter wingtip dress boots. I just wish I could find some good quality ones for under 400$..
      For AE, shoebank or wait for a sale. Rancourt will give you 10% off your first purchase, which brings the Blake boot below $400.

      Also: https://meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4643

      Comment


      • #18
        So was a purchase made? If so, what did you end up getting?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by dpark View Post
          For AE, shoebank or wait for a sale. Rancourt will give you 10% off your first purchase, which brings the Blake boot below $400.

          Also: https://meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4643
          I like meermin but the color isnt that lighter yellow/tan that I like.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            So was a purchase made? If so, what did you end up getting?
            If I do I will probably get Rancourt's Blake boot in walnut. I live in Maine, where they are originally located from, and in person the boots are beyond gorgeous. The online picture does do them justice, the tones in the leather are much rosier. The 400$ is just too much for right now.

            Comment


            • #21
              my advice is generally wait until you can get something worth getting. Especially with boots, something higher quality is going last much much longer than something low quality. A properly made quality shoes is expensive because of the labor, and leather. usually the First thing to skimp on is the leather, and though it might not seem like it when you buy the shoes, the step from good leather to bad leather is a very very big step. The bad leather just doesn't last.

              Comment


              • #22
                Wait for a shoebank sale and get some Dalton seconds, walnut with dainite if you're looking for the most versatility. Or, you could grab some Thursday boot company goods. I know opinions are varied on them, seems a love or hate deal, but they're not work-boot-like, they're at a pretty decent price point for first-quality boots, dainite soles, and they can be resoled by any competent cobbler (GYW just like AEs and others). Leather seems to be pretty nice quality as well. Plus if they don't work out, it's a lot easier dealing with a return to Amazon (Thursdays) vice sending Meermins back to Spain.
                https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BeastyDaBlaze View Post
                  Which dress boots are the most versatile and will go best with jeans, khaki, pants. I am looking for something that doesn't have a work boot look.

                  (Brown option for each boot, take laces into consideration, and I don't want somethign dry or too oily)

                  1)https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019P5L2RU...ter_B01B1GULZ0

                  2)https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CAGFW1S...O6W?th=1&psc=1

                  3)https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4674

                  Not sure if you are still in the market OP but I've got a pair of JCP Stafford Deacon wingtip boots (a cheap AE Dalton clone, well-reviewed on this site) with only a handful of wears that I am getting ready to unload. PM me with any interest, i will send pics.
                  "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by BeastyDaBlaze View Post
                    Which dress boots are the most versatile and will go best with jeans, khaki, pants. I am looking for something that doesn't have a work boot look.

                    (Brown option for each boot, take laces into consideration, and I don't want somethign dry or too oily)

                    1)https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019P5L2RU...ter_B01B1GULZ0

                    2)https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CAGFW1S...O6W?th=1&psc=1

                    3)https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4674
                    I liked the OAK ANTIQUE CALF, but if you are considering laces, which would be best for any occasion. Here is the link if you want to check it out : https://jackandme.co.uk/product/bill...e=9%20-%2043EU

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X