Casual sneaker suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casual sneaker suggestions?

I'm looking for some ideas for some new casual sneakers for the summer. I have a pair of Superga Cotu's, and liked them as far as comfort and style went. My main complaints were that they seemed to wear out more than I was expecting - the interior heel area has worn out and the brand label on the back of the heels started peeling off. And though I got the grey color (sage gray?) I felt like it was a little *too* gray.

I'm looking for something in a neutral color that goes just as well with jeans as it does with casual shorts. I usually go for grays or natural off-white colors. I don't typically care for solid white or too bold of colors. I've also got an old pair of PF Flyers that I like a lot, but I'm kind of tired of the rubber toe cap look.

I'm wondering what else might be out there that I might look at? Just pick up another pair of Supergas? I wish they had a better variety of colors, though. I'm kind of intrigued by these "Allbirds" shoes (https://www.allbirds.com/products/mens-wool-runners) that I've seen ads for.

Any other ideas?

Can't go wrong with Converse Chucks IMHO.

Comment

I'm a fan of the Sperry Striper CVO http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sperry-s...ioncolor=CHINO

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        Can't go wrong with Converse Chucks IMHO.
        Agreed. I'd also add that the Converse Jack Purcell in white has become my go to summer sneaker.

Comment

I'd also vote for Converse, particularly the low top All Star II. They look just like the original All Stars, but with added cushioning and arch support, and a padded tongue. They give you the classic look but they're worlds more comfortable. I managed to score a pair in navy from Marshalls last year for $35, so if you keep an eye out they can still be had for pretty cheap.

Comment

Thanks all! I'd forgotten about the sperrys, I think I'd had them on a list before to check out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a big fan of GREATS Wilson

I have the light grey and it's a fantastic shoe.

Comment

In the summer I wear the signature Jack Purcells, Tretorn or Seavees.

Comment

I have the Killshot 2s, and would highly rec them if you can get them new or in near new condition.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                    I have the Killshot 2s, and would highly rec them if you can get them new or in near new condition.
                    I need me some of those. I like chucks but dont like them with shorts. The sperry is a good option. I also tend to have at least one pair of canvas shoes from walmart to beat around in. My canvas shoes only last a season or 2 no matter what brand I get. Picking them up from WM for $15 means I can ditch them without guilt at the end of the summer when they stink and have that permanent layer of GA red clay dust embedded in them.

Comment

I really like the J.Crew x New Balance sneakers I got a few weeks back. Really like the white leather + gum sole look as an alternative to all-white sneakers. I was considering Stan Smiths with a gum sole, but tried them on in a local store and found the fit and shape to be awkward.
                      Ben

Comment

Any recommended slip-ons in this category?

Comment

Originally posted by jaba View Post
                          Any recommended slip-ons in this category?
                          Sperry's could be considered a slip-on...

Comment

Vans slip ons, accept no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              I need me some of those.
                              Definitely, I was tempted to buy a second pair when I heard it was discontinued. Regret never following through.

Comment

Working...
                              X