The dilemma of the 35 waist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dilemma of the 35 waist

I have a jeans problem. I'm a 'tweener. A size 36 falls off of my waist and looks odd when tightened with a belt. Meanwhile a size 34 is uncomfortably tight and impossible for tucking. That leaves me searching for the difficult-to-find size 35 waist. Why exactly do most jean makers refuse to make this size? I've ordered from Todd Shelton after reading good reviews but I'm stuck on a 6 week backorder wait. Anyway, I need suggestions of jean makers that make the 35 variant. I'm not afraid to pay up for a good pair. Thanks for the help.

Try sizing down in raw denim. It stretches out.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I've always had this problem too. I'm a little closer to a 36w than in the past, but GAP 35w jeans always used fit me just right. That's about the only retailer I've ever noticed to carry them. There's 501 STFs too. If you're a 35, I'll assume you've got thicker legs; and 501s fit that body type pretty well.

Comment

Buy the 36's and get them tailored.

Comment

If you want some high-end denim, you can check sites like:

http://blueingreensoho.com/

and they've got measurements of the different sizes for different makers so you can see which size / maker will fit you best.

Comment

either get larger ones tailored, or buy shrink to fit

Comment

Even none raw denim will stretch out if you are willing to put up with discomfort for a day or two. It might be worth looking into different cuts as well.

Comment

I have the exact same problem. I'm currently thinking that I'd fit perfectly in a 29x30, but try finding THAT size anywhere.

Comment

LL Bean sells jeans and chinos in a 35. The 1912 series sits slightly below the waist. The Double L's sit at the waist. Quality has been pretty good on the double l's. My 1912 are only a couple months old, but so far so good.

Comment

I have the same problem so I size down to 34" and let them stretch. If I were you, I would buy a pair of 34" and wear them around the house for a few days with the tags still on. Then you can return them if they don't stretch out enough.

Comment

Yeah, you have a lot of options. Tailoring and shrink-to-fit being the best ones, short of a brand that makes a 35.

Clothing makers start to skip sizes as you go up for the simple fact that an inch is a smaller percentage when it's 1/36th instead of 1/28th. Same with shoe sizes when you pass size 12 and never see a half size above that.

Comment

more beer and cake?

I suggest 36 and tailoring. I am sometimes a 35, Uniqlo makes them, if you are interested.

Comment

I would also try different brands and cuts because all waists aren't the same. 505s in 36 are loose on me but I can hardly button 514s in 36.

Comment

Thekillabeejc, I've had the same experience with 505s and 514s. I wear a 31 in 505s and 32 in 514. Oddly enough, they turn out to have almost identical measurements once I do that.

Comment

Working...
                            X