Nice work shoes for NYC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work shoes for NYC?

I will be moving to NYC in July and starting a new job. The dress code is office casual. Jeans and polo shirts are acceptable but I will probably wear casual slacks and button downs.

I'm looking for recommendations for oxfords that look nice but are comfortable enough for a lot of walking.

I like Sebago's Brattle oxfords in black but I'm open to suggestions. I don't want anything glossy. Thanks much.

I would rather go to a thrift store and find something there, or buy something used like on ebay. Most of my shoes I got thrifting. I have some boots that would have cost around $700 brand new. I got them in good condition for $25.

Comment

Originally posted by dogfilter View Post
      I will be moving to NYC in July and starting a new job. The dress code is office casual. Jeans and polo shirts are acceptable but I will probably wear casual slacks and button downs.

I'm looking for recommendations for oxfords that look nice but are comfortable enough for a lot of walking.

I like Sebago's Brattle oxfords in black but I'm open to suggestions. I don't want anything glossy. Thanks much.
      If those Sebagos work for you get them in a few different colors. On sale.

Comment

That Sebago model seems to lean more casual (a bit odd for the traditionally formal oxford) so why not go for some bluchers/derbies? Meermin has some nice longwings and split toe models while Jack Erwin's plain toe derby looks ideal for office casual. Both put you in the $200 price point but are much better than anything Sebago makes and Erwin's blake stitch construction means a lighter shoe that will thus make walking all the more easy.

Comment

This thread is from 2011.

Comment

Okay, but time is a concept that can't be proven by science.

Comment

Working...
            X