No announcement yet.

Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my shipping info emailed to me. Hopefully I'll have it in a few days. Ordered it just over 4 weeks ago.

Comment

$20 off code: GEEKSCOMPANION

Comment

@devirkahan -- does that work for non-1st time customers? I was under the impression that wasn't the case.

Comment

Was there a code for the blue windowpane that i missed??

Comment

There was a Dappered code a while ago that's now expired.

On the topic, I received my white twill yesterday. Seems like a great shirt overall, but I have a few sizing issues. To give you an idea, I'm about 6'3, 225 lbs with a former-athletic build (not pudgy, but not ripped). First, the chest is a bit smaller than I anticipated (easy fix by bumping up a size); it fits near perfect if I'm not moving, but any shoulder movement starts to spread the spaces in between the buttons. Otherwise the length (think I went with the long option) and everything else re: usual measurements was spot on. However, the real issue I had was actually with the _forearms_. I don't think I'm much of a popeye build (I haven't been that muscular (or fat) for a while), but the shirt was actually tight in the forearms, which I was surprised at, given that the upper arm is typically where I've had more trouble with shirts in the past (upper arm was a close cut, but pretty perfect with a little room).

Not sure if they'll be able to do anything for me, but unfortunately the forearm issue is enough to make the shirt slightly uncomfortable. Will try to contact Ratio and figure something out next week. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend the white twill--definitely a nice shirt.

Comment

Which Ratio shirt do you like better? I am looking at the following three:

http://www.ratioclothing.com/p-56-black-thomson-gingham.aspx

http://www.ratioclothing.com/p-54-lavender-stanton-check.aspx

http://www.ratioclothing.com/p-37-light-blue-gingham.aspx

Thanks

Comment

I personally like the black gingham. The blue gingham seems like an odd size to me and I'm not sure I'd wear the lavender enough, although I do like the stanton check pattern.

Comment

@hornsup: Yes, that is only for your first purchase. Sorry!

Comment

Did anyone get the white signature twill? My wife got me a Ratio giftcard for our anniversary (2nd year is cotton!), so I jumped in. I haven't bought any clothing at full price since I've started thrifting; I hope this is worth it (but I assume it is).

Comment

@jon -- I did, it's pretty nice. Good construction, nice fabric that isn't too light or too heavy. I got mine remade and it fits pretty nicely now. (wound up going with the classic fit and then bringing that in, etc).

Comment

It's good to know you brought the classic in a bit because I went with the slim, but was a bit wary of that choice. Why didn't you go back to Ratio when the shirt didn't fit? Isn't their customer service supposed to be great?

Comment

Jon, I think he means he went back to Ratio to have it remade.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Yes, sorry. Eric @ Ratio was great with feedback on the shirt. We talked via email a good bit about how slim vs. classic measured (after the slim was a little too slim for me, particularly in the arms, as described in my earlier post above). After we decided together what to do (classic, tailor it in around the waist, etc.), Eric started the remake and I sent the first shirt back. Got the remake and it's great.

Comment

I have a white pinpoint from Ratio and the slim fit is excellent. However, it is the absolute hardest shirt to iron, and really never seems fully pressed even coming out of the dry cleaners. It wrinkles super easily too. Buttoning the buttons wrinkles the shirt. I'd go with twill next time around.

Comment

Working...
                              X