Slim fit jean recommendations - 511's to slim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim fit jean recommendations - 511's to slim

My doctor has me on 500mg of Noassatol and the only jeans rise I've found that works are Levi's 511's. Problem is they're too slim in the thighs. I wear a size 31 waist and could fit into a 30, but the legs would be way too slim. The hard thing to find is a fitting rise and the 511's do well there. Anyone else in this predicament? If so I'd love to hear your recommendations. Thank you for your consideration.

Maybe give Uniqlo a shot? Similar price point to the Levi's and pretty comfy.

Comment

I think the Levi's progression from super-slim to straight goes (confusingly) 511 -> 513 -> 514 -> 501 -> 505. I find 511s a bit too constraining but 513 is the happy medium, maybe try that?

Comment

Originally posted by Pborkstrom View Post
        My doctor has me on 500mg of Noassatol and the only jeans rise I've found that works are Levi's 511's. Problem is they're too slim in the thighs. I wear a size 31 waist and could fit into a 30, but the legs would be way too slim. The hard thing to find is a fitting rise and the 511's do well there. Anyone else in this predicament? If so I'd love to hear your recommendations. Thank you for your consideration.
        Sat here and thought about "500mg of Noassatol" for far longer than I'd like to admit. Almost to the point of googling it before it hit me. Apparently it's time to call it a day and go home.

+1 for the Levi's 513. I also like Banana Republic's slim fit traveler jeans. They're stretchy, which might help the tight thighs?

Comment

yes try the 513s

Comment

I've got a pair of 513s, but I actually find the Old Navy Built In Flex Slim to be a bit more comfortable personally. I also see them routinely go on sale in the $20 range.

Comment

Originally posted by .brian. View Post
              Maybe give Uniqlo a shot? Similar price point to the Levi's and pretty comfy.
              Never heard of them. Who carries it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As a dude on the slimmer end of athletic, 513s are my go-to. Also have a pair of UNIQLO slim-straights, which slimmer than 513s but still roomier than 511s (which are painted on when I wear them).
                Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                  As a dude on the slimmer end of athletic, 513s are my go-to. Also have a pair of UNIQLO slim-straights, which slimmer than 513s but still roomier than 511s (which are painted on when I wear them).
                  Thanks. That's my situation as well. Where do they carry uniqlo? My 511's are painted on and for some situations it's a good look. But too thin when wearing a sweater.

Comment

Size up in the slim fits and have the waist taken in or buy some strait fit and slim the leg.

Comment

I've never bought UNIQLO anywhere but direct from the website/brick and mortar. I'd recommend just going to the US UNIQLO website, or looking for a store in your area.
                      Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

I got a pair of Bonobos traveler jeans in burgundy during their sale. They fit pretty similarly to the 513. Just don't get them at full price.

Comment

I have the Banana Republic traveler jeans, they are super comfy. Also just got their new Traveler "pant/chinos" that are also very comfortable. Def find them on sale, I didn't buy any full price. They aren't cheap

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to 2 different Levis stores, and neither carry 513's. But one helpful sales associate told me that, depending on the wash, 511's can vary in cut. Sure enough - I tried on light wash 511s and they were a bit roomier than the dark washed jeans. Just thought I'd pass this on.

Old Navy was actually a good suggestion. I ended up getting the straight leg jeans in a smaller waist and it has the effect of skim jeans. I could stand to take in the leg a little bit, but it's actually not bad the way it is. Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions.

Comment

I went to 2 different Levis stores, and neither carry 513's. But one helpful sales associate told me that, depending on the wash, 511's can vary in cut. Sure enough - I tried on light wash 511s and they were a bit roomier than the dark washed jeans. Just thought I'd pass this on.

Old Navy was actually a good suggestion. I ended up getting the straight leg jeans in a smaller waist and it has the effect of skim jeans. I could stand to take in the leg a little bit, but it's actually not bad the way it is. Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions.

The only place I've seen/bought 513s was Macy's. Sounds like you found something that works for you though.

Comment

Working...
                              X