JB Britches sport coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB Britches sport coat

I am going to be heading out on a cruise and am in need of a sport coat and was looking at the JB Britches sport coats on sale at Nordstrom but am hard pressed to find any reviews. Was planning on pairing the jacket with light grey wool trousers and brown shoes. I have a JCP hopsack blazer but I don't care for it because it is very boxy to me. Thoughts? Thanks

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jb-britc...ioncolor=BROWN

It looks like a cool statement piece. However, there are a few issues to my eyes; the shoulders look rather structured, and it is fully lined in an unknown material, therefore breathability may be a problem. The flip side is that Nordstrom ships and returns for free (i think.)

Edit: ALSO, it's no longer available, which is probably gonna be your biggest deterrent.

Comment

Yeah I noticed it didn't list the lining material. Earlier in the week I saw some nordstrom coats on sale but they went fast, I was able to purchase this last night before it vanished though. Would this be appropriate to wear to a wedding or would I be better off wearing something more conservative?

Comment

Originally posted by jedshadey View Post
        Yeah I noticed it didn't list the lining material. Earlier in the week I saw some nordstrom coats on sale but they went fast, I was able to purchase this last night before it vanished though. Would this be appropriate to wear to a wedding or would I be better off wearing something more conservative?
        Depends on the wedding honestly. You can always ask the couple what is preferred if it is not listed on the invitation.

Comment

That really depends on the wedding, as long as it is not a really traditional/formal wedding (and obviously not black tie) I think that jacket could work in a lot of cases.....although my hesitation would be that most of the weddings I have been to where a jacket and odd trousers were appropriate were outdoors in the spring or summer. If it is wool and fully lined, depending on how thick the wool is and what the lining is made out of it could be really hot to wear on a warm day.

Will this be your only jacket? Or do you have others?

Comment

I work in IT and I am home based so I don't have many occasions where a jacket is required so this is likely to be my only jacket.

Comment

I work in IT and I am home based so I don't have many occasions where a jacket is required so this is likely to be my only jacket.
              I like that jacket a lot, when it comes in if it fits great and you are happy with it then that is wonderful! If not my recommendation is to get something more conservative. Solid navy is of course the traditional route, but a darker grey or brown or something with a more subtle pattern can work great to.

Comment

Working...
              X