No announcement yet.

Thursday Boot Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's roughly the same price as the Meermin shell offerings which also source from Rocado I think
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
      there's no mention of an eva strip in these, just cork! Their newer releases seem to be leaving out the eva strip. Either they aren't making the new boots with them, or they aren't listing it (which would be a little shady, in my opinion).
      Yeah, I'm not clear which is the case. I was wondering about that as well. If they've dropped all the extra stuff, I'd be much less concerned about longevity, but I don't know if anyone has confirmed the construction.

Comment

Originally posted by dpark View Post
        Yeah, I'm not clear which is the case. I was wondering about that as well. If they've dropped all the extra stuff, I'd be much less concerned about longevity, but I don't know if anyone has confirmed the construction.
        You mean if the soles are glued or stitched? The descriptions mostly say goodyear welted, though some are "stitchout" construction. I don't know what that means and last time I Googled it, I don't think I found an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
          You mean if the soles are glued or stitched? The descriptions mostly say goodyear welted, though some are "stitchout" construction. I don't know what that means and last time I Googled it, I don't think I found an answer.
          No, I meant that I don't know if they've actually gotten rid of the paperboard and EVA, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pudgelife View Post
            Anyone have any experience with Thursday Boot Company? Saw these Captain Boots and was interested.

Was originally looking at 1K or the Red Wing 811 Iron Rangers, but thought that these might be worth a try. Any input is appreciated
            I bought a pair of TBC captains last winter. They look great and have held up great. As others have mentioned, they are not AE quality, but they are also half the price and as good/better than any other $200 boots I've seen. They are listed as good year welted, and they appear to be, but apparently others are having issues with that claim. I can confirm they are water proof around the seams, and they have become my go-to shoes when it's cold and raining. I own 8 or 9 pairs of AE shoes and some Tecovas cowboy boots, and I have gotten more compliments on my TBC captains than any other pair of shoes I own. When these wear out, I will likely opt for a nicer, more expensive pair from AE or someone else, but if I was still on a limited budget as I was when I purchased the TBCs, I would not hesitate to purchase another pair.

Keep in mind the captains look a lot sleeker than the Iron Rangers. Iron Rangers are very bulky IMO. The TBC captains have a slimmer profile that look better with slimmer fitting pants.

BUT I bought a pair of the TBC commanders last spring. When they came in, they had noticeable blemishes on the leather and bad stitching. Even though I was inside the return window, TBC customer service still requested I send pictures before they would process my return request. They then told me they would accept my return, but the 15+ blemishes and stitching problems I pointed out were normal when leather boots are shipped in a box. That was absurd, and I was not happy with this customer service experience.

I've also bought a belt and wallet from TBC, and like the captain boots, they are great quality for the price. My issue with the belt is that it's only 1" wide -- which is a preference thing, not a quality thing. I have been using the wallet every day since March without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington View Post
              Keep in mind the captains look a lot sleeker than the Iron Rangers. Iron Rangers are very bulky IMO. The TBC captains have a slimmer profile that look better with slimmer fitting pants.
              Iron Rangers are extremely bulky. I really wanted a pair until I saw them in person.

Comment

I'm a new owner of the Iron Rangers. Have only worn them three times for a full day thus far, but the are good boots. I don't find them bulky, but yes, I will concede they are bulkier than my 1000 mile boots.

Comment

Thanks Paddington- I appreciate the fact that you have experience with them. I am not too worried about bulk- I am 6 foot 2 and about 220 lbs so I think scale works for me

Comment

Working...
                  X