Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are brown Strands too flashy for interviewing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been leaning towards Parks or Fifths from the beginning (or something very similar), but I've got a bead on some very affordable brown Strands so that's how this whole topic came up.

And FWIW, I absolutely love walnut Strands (actually my favorite color of Strands), but I don't have much use for them since that niche is already filled buy a great pair an English tan wingtips.

Comment

If you have to ask...yes.

In all seriousness, interviews are very stressful with a ton of things to worry about. Why add another factor of worrying about the shoes? Worst case, they stick out and look strange. Best case, no one notices. I doubt they would help you get hired. Like Maxman said, kill em with style once you are in.

Comment

I'll just say that the MBA is the one degree I actually dock points for on a resume

Comment

@JC .. esp. if it's at a rival school (referring to sports rivalries here)

Comment

@zerostyle: "shoes look a lot simpler once your pants are covering half of the broguing."

If your pants are covering half your shoes, you got them hemmed too long.

Comment

@Chareth: Or you just have really small feet... (of which I do not.)

Comment

Alan - to answer your question that you're really asking but not saying here explicitly:

BUY MORE SHOES OF EVERY STYLE AND COLOR!

Comment

Working...
                X