Shoe help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoe help

I need a good, versatile shoe that I could wear with both a suit and also a more dressed down look like say a khaki pant and a button down... in a budget of about $100. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you watch Ebay closely you can pick up a pair of Allen Edmonds in new or like new condition for around $100. If you can find a good deal this will definitely be the best bang for your buck.

If you want something suitable for dressing up with a suit, stick with a plain toe, cap toe or maybe a wingtip if you'll be wearing the suit in a slightly less formal capacity.

For example: 5th Avenue or Park Avenue Models.

Comment

This is great advice, I do it frequently. Picked up a barely used pair of Johnston&Murphy black wingtips on ebay for $40 (retail above $200). About to pick up AE Strands on ebay for $165 with free ship. Just my size too. It's very tough to find AE's below $150, unless they're pretty beat. I'd suggest looking for J&M used. Those are a bit cheaper than AE (made overseas) new, so on the used market you could probs get a decent pair for around $100.

I recommend trying on the shoes in store before you buy on ebay. Make sure the shoes are guaranteed authentic before you buy, too.

If you're looking for a more versatile shoe def go light to medium brown.

Comment

Working...
      X