Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to choose b/t red chinos....help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to choose b/t red chinos....help!

Been looking for a pair of red chinos, but now that there a few affordable options out there i can't decide which to get. Here are the candidates (cost is basically the same when promos are applied):

Jcrew stanton pant in dusty berry

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_p...=1334341469934

BR emerson chino in nantucket red

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=56241&vid=1&pid=859793&scid=8597930 92

RL Rugby vintage chino in red

http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=11884481&categoryId=3138682&cp =3138868

which option do you guys prefer?

thanks in advance

FWIW, I saw that target is also carrying some Merona chinos in red with a washed look for about $30. Didn't try them on, though. Just saw them in the store.

Comment

I have the urban slim fit from jcrew and they might be my favorite spring/summer casual chinos that I own.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@tdig - do you have the exact same style i linked above, or a different urban slim fit chino? I'm just curious to know how the stanton stacks up to their other chinos, and what the dusty berry looks like in person.

Comment

I have a pair of J.Crew USF that I thrifted and I love the fit, though it might be a little too tapered for some. They work really well for those of us who want a slim fit but still have a bit of junk in the trunk.

Ben

Comment

@BenR - I have a few pairs of Jcrew's essential chinos and broken-in chinos in USF. I agree that the fit is awesome! Do you have their Stanton Pants in USF?

Comment

I don't have any Stanton pants, but my (admittedly inexpert) understanding is that "Stanton" vs "essential" and so on is just a description of the style. I think all USF should fit about the same, but some styles will be more broken-in or dressy than others.

Ben

Comment

@BenR - Yeah, i was eluding more to the differences in texture/feel. Some chinos are almost too "broken-in" looking for my taste.

Comment

How do you all feel about Red Chinos? Bonobos has a pair I like but I kinda feel they're a little too loud? How would you wear them and with what?

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I just received the red washed chinos from Bonobos... gotta trade up a size though. Everything else from Bonobos has fit well at 34 but these are a tight... mostly in the thighs and behind. I mean, I've definitely put on some muscle there from all the squats, but they're cut differently from other Bonobos pants.

Comment

Jason

Did u order the slim fit redrums from bonobos?

Comment

Game Day Chinos in brick red, 34x30

Comment

@guata not the same ones that you posted. mine are the factory ones in nantucket red.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Preferably I enjoy the Rugby chinos.

On a second note, in response to the Merona chinos at Target, can we start some type of petition asking Target to begin producing Merona pants in a 32x34. The 32x32 just dont have enough room in the cuff to be let down to a decent length for a 34. I enjoy finding steals at my local Target but this is driving me crazy, mostly b/c i wanted to the red chinos very badly.

Comment

Re: the Target Merona chinos.

I have a pair in navy, light blue, and red. The wash makes them look faded and thus more casual, as does the distressed look on the cuffs. I'm 5'10" 155lbs and the 30x30's fit me decently. They could definitely stand to come in on the thighs and the calfs, but their alright, especially for the price ($25).

Comment

Working...
                              X