Ludlow Topcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I had no problems making it through last winter in Chicago with the thinsulate Ludlow topcoat. Granted, we really only had a week or two of true cold, but even when temperatures/wind chills dropped below 0 I was fine because the topcoat has room to layer underneath. The only time I would say that it wasn't enough was a night when windchills were below zero and I was stationary for 30 minutes. Also, keep in mind, especially with the peak lapel version, you are going to need to keep a scarf with you.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    I have the Ludlow topcoat but the one without Thinsulate. I love the coat and I am warm in it. Mind you the coldest I have worn is in say -5 or -7 C weather. And I'm usually wearing a suit jacket underneath.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• Rawfull
    replied
    Originally posted by Token View Post
    I'd say just below freezing. If you want something for sub zero temperatures then you're better off going with something else.
    I have a bayswater w/ thinsulate and this is exactly how I would rate the thinsulate lining. With a nice sweater on underneath I can be comfortable nearly all winter here in MA, I bust out my big tri-climate jacket when it's either excessively wet and/or sub zero temperatures.

Leave a comment:

• Hierophant
    replied
    I've got one. It's warm, especially if you're moving, but it's not Toasty. It won't keep serious wind off you and it won't keep you seriously warm below about 15F, but it'll work fine if you supplement with a base layer.

Leave a comment:

• Token
    replied
    Originally posted by ashlandba View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up a Ludlow topcoat (with thinsulate), but I'm trying to get a sense of how warm it is. Anyone have one? How low a temperature can it handle?

Thanks!
    I'd say just below freezing. If you want something for sub zero temperatures then you're better off going with something else.

Leave a comment:

• ashlandba
    started a topic Ludlow Topcoat

Ludlow Topcoat

I'm thinking about picking up a Ludlow topcoat (with thinsulate), but I'm trying to get a sense of how warm it is. Anyone have one? How low a temperature can it handle?

Thanks!
Working...
X