Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chareth
    replied

@JC: Many Levi's mainline stores don't carry the raw selvedge, much less the outlet stores.

@Dangle: It might be my imagination, but 505s seem to have a slightly lower rise than 501s. Don't hold me to that, though,

@Rodney: The cost of American labor is too high to get sub-$100 jeans. It's just a reality of life, unless the company is exploiting undocumented workers.

Leave a comment:

• Dangle
    replied

I am fairly new to Levi's and ordered a pair of 501's as my first pair of dark denim a few months ago. I like them but was wondering if they made anything which fit similarly through the legs but sat lower on the hips/had a slightly lower rise?

Leave a comment:

• Pitt_10
    replied

@Jedi I think the 513's are slimmer fitting below the knee, kind of like the 521....but I think the 513 and 514 both sit at the waist and have the same rise (521 is higher rise), and has a fit between the 514 and 511's dimensions above the knee level, basically the 513 are a slimmer version of jeans compared to 514, at least that's what I can gather haha

Leave a comment:

• jedipancake
    replied

Does anyone know what is the difference between the 513 and 514?

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

Levi's outlets don't carry the raw selvedge?

Leave a comment:

• Rodney Dean
    replied

Absolutely, and the discrepancy ($40 vs $180) is SO vast, that it makes it almost impossible to go American unless you either feel really strongly about it, think it creates a substantial cache, or just have enough money that it doesn't matter.

Not to mention that fact that I can find the STFs at Kohls, Dillards, or a Levi's Outlet easy enough, but would have to really search to be able to try on one of the American-made pairs.

It's frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied

@Jason, Thanks anyways, but I am aware that sadly it seems only luxury brands and premium lines of jeans are made in the USA these days. What I meant was, I just wish Levi's as a whole would still be American rather than only a handful of luxury jeans made in America.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

I'm guessing it's those. Places like Imogene + Willie are going to be more expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Rodney Dean
    replied

If only they were still American . . . they'd be $178.

I'd be interested in knowing the least expensive American-made jeans available today.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

These are made in the USA of USA made denim:

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10948887

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied

If Only They Were Still American!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rodney Dean
    replied

Levi's definitely have vanity sizing, and the STFs might be worse. By true waist, I mean simply the smallest size that fits. Tons of places carry them, so try them on first. I agree about getting it snug in the waist and wearing it for a while before a soak.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Scooter
    replied

I'm always a little confused about what people are suggesting in STFs sizing. When you say you buy "a true waist" do you mean you buy your actual waist size, or just what you would wear in non STFs Levis? Levis have big vanity sizing. I wear 30x30s in 514s and have a 32.5 inch waist. If I wanted a pretty trim fit, should I buy 32x32, then wear them while they dry?

Leave a comment:

• krk
    replied

Love STFs in 501s. I usually buy a true waist (maybe even a little tight) and +2" on the inseam. I'll try to wear them for a couple weeks before soaking them, too, but of course leave them on to dry after a half hour in the tub. They end up, after the shrink, fitting like a slightly slimmer 501 with give in the right places. It's one of the best good and cheap denim deals out there.

So basically what RD said.

Leave a comment:

• Rodney Dean
    replied

I'm glad to have someone back me up. Thanks, Ben.

I buy mine with the right waist (big gut, average thighs and waist), wear them in the tub, then wear them the rest of the day while they shrink. I've found it's true that denim stretches a lot over the long run, so getting them "tight" at first means great fit a little bit down the road.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X