Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some time between now and sunday, the Allen Edmonds Black friday sale will start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winghus View Post
    Looks like the only things on my list at sale pricing are the Strands at the shoebank. Both of those are at my local outlet and I've had them on my feet. I have a chocolate suede Loake shortwing so I'm leaning towards the olive Strand but I'm not sure it's versatile enough with my wardrobe. I have a couple of non-versatile shoes already but they go with enough things I own that I'm fine with them. I'm not sure if I have enough different ways to wear olive shoes to justify it. If 1943 last shoes were on sale at the shoebank, I'd be all over it. Leidens looked really good on my feet and fit slightly better than 65 last due to my high instep.

Oh well, fuck it, just save the money and buy Carminas or Bonafe eventually.
    Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to justify buying AE unless it's at shoebank or closeout prices (~$200). Full price AE is $400, for $50 more you can get Carmina with included shoe trees.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
      Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to justify buying AE unless it's at shoebank or closeout prices (~$200). Full price AE is $400, for $50 more you can get Carmina with included shoe trees.
      Well, perhaps, although I would at least go up to $250 and think it was a good deal. That said, I paid < $200 for seven of the eight pairs of AEs that I own.

On another note, the bourbon Dalton is back! http://www.allenedmonds.com/bourbon-...r=0112#start=1. I already own a pair and love them.

Full price, so perhaps a permanent return. Hopefully they roll out the rest of the bourbon shoes, and hopefully they've worked out how to prevent tiger striping and get a consistent finish. Yay bourbon!
      [MENTION=12001]evanparker[/MENTION]: did you see that?

EDIT: Forget that! A bunch of bourbon shoes are back! Dalton, Carlyle, McAllister, Strand, Cornwallis (which has never appeared in bourbon before), and Lake Forest (the photos of the Lake Forest make it look more like walnut). Yay yay bourbon!
      Last edited by srlclark; November 18, 2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Oooh bourbon Daltons!

Comment

i have some older bourbon daltons and I didn't like the color. I stripped it all off and have a pair of walnut ones now :-D

Comment

i got lucky with my shoebank bourbon daltons. love that they're bringing it back.
            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
              i got lucky with my shoebank bourbon daltons. love that they're bringing it back.
              Yeah, despite the craptacular CDN dollar, I might have to pull the drigger on the daltons...

Comment

I'm hoping they do a sale for the loden suede Strands sometime soon. Would like to get some wears on it while it's still seasonal.

Also, kinda miffed at them bringing back the bourbon. I just returned my pair of Daltons in bourbon like 3 weeks ago, because they didn't have my size to exchange with. I got them on steep discount while bourbon was clearanced, I think like < $260. Would have waited if I had known.
                Last edited by devastitis; November 21, 2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

On the bourbon McAllister page, I asked them about whether the return of bourbon was permanent or temporary and they said it depends on customer feedback. So, there's definitely a chance that bourbon won't sell well and that they'll put it back in clearance before too long. I don't think it sold well last time - a couple of sales associates said that it was getting squeezed by both dark brown and walnut, which are the two wheelhouse colors. And chili replaced it as the preferred shade of "medium brown" (I personally wouldn't consider chili a shade of medium brown, both because I think it's a bit too dark to count as medium and because it's got too much red in it to count as brown without qualification).

They also said that they're still making the bourbon by burnishing a walnut shoe. I think that's a shame. Surely they should be able to find a medium-brown dye somewhere. Carmina makes some beautiful shoes in shades of brown that are significantly darker and less orange than walnut/tan/cognac and are significantly lighter/less black than dark brown/espresso.

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                  I'm hoping they do a sale for the loden suede Strands sometime soon. Would like to get some wears on it while it's still seasonal.

Also, kinda miffed at them bringing back the bourbon. I just returned my pair of Daltons in bourbon like 3 weeks ago, because they didn't have my size to exchange with. I got them on steep discount while bourbon was clearanced, I think like < $260. Would have waited if I had known.

Comment

Chili is a horrible shade imo. There's huge variations among the shade of bourbon, but I'd take any of those variations over chili.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                      Chili is a horrible shade imo. There's huge variations among the shade of bourbon, but I'd take any of those variations over chili.
                      I agree - which is why I have AE shoes in black, merlot, oxblood, brown, walnut, and bourbon, but not in chili.

Comment

I love dark chili, personally. It's a dark brown but has depth depending on how the light hits it.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                          i have some older bourbon daltons and I didn't like the color. I stripped it all off and have a pair of walnut ones now :-D
                          Pictures???

Comment

Originally posted by AndyNG View Post
                            I love dark chili, personally. It's a dark brown but has depth depending on how the light hits it.
                            I think it's a popular shade - as I said, I think it was what pushed bourbon down the pecking order far enough that they discontinued bourbon. Although bourbon evidently has its followers, or they wouldn't have brought it back so quickly.

Personally, although I like both brown leather and red leather, I don't think they go well together at all. I prefer either brown mixed with orange (as in walnut) or red mixed with purple (as in merlot or oxblood).

Comment

AE currently has $100 off their bourbon pairs. Not a great price per day, but that bourbon color though. It's making me actually consider buying the Cornwallis.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNiZ8KKDDv_/?hl=en

Comment

If they are available in your size, the shoebank has Harrisons at $127. This is a black captoe on the 333 last and was part of the Independence Collection which means a better grade of leather than standard (rumored JR soles but I have not confirmed that). I have a near new pair of PAs but this is tempting me as the cap on the Harrison is longer than a PA and the last is a little sleeker. The times I have tried on stuff from the Independence line, they are indeed a softer leather that feels broken in out of the box.

Comment

Working...
                                X