Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon2cobalt?

Gents,
    Anyone have any experience with this company, carbon2cobalt? Received a catalog in the post today, never heard of 'em. Looks like some promising pieces, though. They have a website:

http://www.carbon2cobalt.com

Any experience or thoughts?

$500 for a leather jacket and they don't specify the leather type (beyond the animal it comes from) leaves me pause.

The prices on the rest of their merchandise seems like they're quite proud of it....nearly $100 for an imported flannel shirt seems a bit steep. At least to me. YMMV.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

just posting to say how annoying their mail is for me. i have a super tiny mailbox and check the mail once a week...

really upsets me that allen edmonds sold my info to them

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
        just posting to say how annoying their mail is for me. i have a super tiny mailbox and check the mail once a week...

I have received a few I never signed up for. JWHulme and Marine Layer are another two. A lot of nice stuff, but out of my price range. I don't mind finding out about new brands, but would rather receive an email.

Comment

Couldn't find anything on that site that appealed to me. Perhaps it was because every item looked like they just thew it on the floor before snapping a photo. But also the prices and styles in general. Kind of blah. I didn't look through every page, so perhaps someone can direct me to something interesting.

Comment

*deleted.

Comment

I have bought 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of boots and a button down shirt from them. Overall, I feel like the prices are a bit too high for what they are offering, especially when you consider that shipping is ridiculous and there is no threshold for it to be free (and no free return shipping either if something doesn't fit).

However, that being said, I could not be happier with the jeans. The fit is excellent, slim but not too slim (I'd call it slim-straight?) and they seem to be good quality. They are easily the coolest and best fitting jeans I have. I also really like the boots, they are comfortable and a great casual option with jeans and chinos. The shirt I'm not quite as impressed with, fits fairly loose and fabric just feels a bit thin for a shirt advertised for fall.

I continue to be tempted by certain of the items in the catalog, but absent some sort of discount (even 20%) I'm not sure I'll be ordering much more from them.

Comment

I have purchased 4 shirts/sweaters and the quality is good but I agree, I wish the prices were a bit lower. They do have sales every few months.

Comment

$70 for a 30% poly, imported long sleeve tee? Nope.

Perhaps they should have put in a bit more "effort"

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post

I blamed Charles Tyrhwitt! But I also buy from Allen Edmonds regularly so it could've been them...or both. I started getting bombarded with catalogs from places I never heard of. This was one of them. If you have to harass me with catalogs to get my business, then I don't want to buy from you!

Comment

These days I get catalogs from Tyrwhitt, JCrew, Orvis, Carbon2Cobalt, Lands End, Tie Bar, Allen Edmonds, and one other whose name I forget.

I find the Carbon2Cobalt stuff very tempting but a little too pricey.

Comment

I can vouch for Carbon2Cobalt, no problem. I have brought a lot of the sweaters and long sleeve tees and you're right, the prices are high but the quality is good. They do have frequent 20% sales and I bought a $450.00 leather jacket that I was very happy with. It's just the expense. I like buying a better product if I can and if I have to spend more, so be it. You also must take care of the sweaters if you are gonna dish out 90 bucks let's say for a light weight sweater.(cedar and moth products)

Comment

It would be nice if they didn't just throw items on the floor to take pics. It would also be nice if their website let you zoom in to pics.

They have some tempting items but man do they need to fix the pics.

Comment

Working...
                          X