Bonobos now to be sold at Nordstrom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonobos now to be sold at Nordstrom?

Has anyone else seen the news that Bonobos raised $16.4 million more from a group led by Nordstrom? Apparently one of the results of this is that some of their clothes will now be available on nordstrom.com and in stores. Full article at http://tcrn.ch/HCVwJr.

Maybe why they've cut back on their Groupons and discount codes lately? Curious to hear what everyone makes of this.

Here's more, from the New York Times:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/04/...a-perfect-fit/

Comment

That tracks with the recent trend of increased prices and fewer discounts/coupons. Nordstrom is a pseudo-luxury retailer so Bonobos needs to present itself as a luxury maker in order to fit in - and luxury makers don't offer $50 for $100 deals on Groupon every three seconds.

I rarely (read: never) shop at Nordstrom but it will be interesting to see if any of this stuff manages to trickle down to Nordstrom Rack.

Ben

Comment

Even with the great return policy, I'm not going to order 50 things and send 45 back. So it will be nice to try the stuff on in a store and either buy at the store or online. But without sales, deal sites or coupons, I'm not going to buy much Bonobos anyway.

Comment

Andy said that they're only going to start with some washed chinos in store -- I wouldn't expect the entire Bonobos lineup to move to Nordstrom anytime soon.

Comment

It looks like their discount codes no longer work. Sad day. Anyone have any that do still work? I've had items in my cart a couple of days and would like to get that 20% off!

Comment

betterfit10 got me 10% off today.

Comment

I'm actually pretty happy for the Bonobos guys. It's nice to see a startup "make it." It seems like their idea of pushing sale codes and other types of promotion has really paid off.

Comment

I'm glad they are 'moving on up'...good guys, great clothes.

Comment

Working...
                  X