Banana Republic has lost their mind/Looking for a burgundy cardigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banana Republic has lost their mind/Looking for a burgundy cardigan

The JCF burgundy merino cardigan that has been posted a few times sold out back in September in XS, and the J Crew Cotton Cashmere version in XS did as well. So I've been on the lookout for a nice burgundy cardigan for the past couple months.

Strolling through Banana Republic's website, I see one. Awesome! But that price? Ouch! That's like J Crew Wallace & Barnes pricing. Surely this must be a high cashmere blend. *Scrolls down*

Um, excuse me? $140 for that? Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this is insanity. It's like an H&M sweater for Wallace & Barnes pricing. Even half off couldn't justify this sweater.

yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. anything at GAP maybe? F&F sale is going on right now, so add a steep discount.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Tyrwhitt's 'wine' cardigans are petty good, especially if you have one of those 20 dollar coupons.

Comment

I feel your pain. As a comparison, for $150.00, here are 100% Extra-Fine Merino wool shawl cardigans (Five-Ply, 2 pounds of wool!)

Comment

just checked gap, nothing there for a burgundy-family cardigan, sorry. :\

Comment

What about this Burgundy Cardigan from WoolOvers, 100% Merino, $72.00 (looks like free shipping from the UK to US if over $50.00)

Comment

True, but any BR price you can basically factor getting 40% off.

50% off if you're patient, like right now during F&F.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttysonmcneely View Post
                True, but any BR price you can basically factor getting 40% off.

50% off if you're patient, like right now during F&F.
                even $70 for a 2/3 man-made composition is pretty crap pricing, TBH.

at that point you're just paying for a hashtag on social media.

Comment

BR was the first store I started buying from when I really began to care about my clothes. I appreciated that they had tall sizes.

TBH I never buy there anymore. They're stuff is fine, but WAY overpriced for what you're getting. I remember being ecstatic in 2009 when I got a suit from them for around $315. Fused. Poly lining.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice enough and still part of my rotation, but man did I pay too much for it.

Comment

Not to pile on and turn this into a BR bash post, but I am finding them a bit too pricy for what they are, which is like a Gap premium line. That said, I bought those chelseas with some discounts for under a bill, and i just got a pair of traveler jeans and two pairs of dress pants with the 50% off FF code, but I'd never consider any of their stuff at anywhere near full price. I feel that 40% off level is probably about right, and 50% a good deal. And forget about BR factory.

Comment

The key to getting max value out of BR (or Gap Inc in general) is to get a Gap credit card, and use it for everything. Pay it off at the end of each month. Rack up a ridiculous number of points, redeem them for Gap inc vouchers (which can be stacked with codes) and rob them blind. I paid about $35 for 6 BR polos in the spring doing this.

Comment

i use my card for just gap and BR purchases. I use an amex for everything else, with like 3% back on groceries and gas. what kind of percent back do you get from gap/BR?

Comment

Uniqlo. 100% wool, $50.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/product...an-149113.html

Comment

He wants a cardigan, not a crewneck

Originally posted by julius12 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by julius12 View Post
                              XS Wine is out of stock.
                              Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Working...
                              X