No announcement yet.

J. Crew Factory shirts sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, is it just me, or is it absurd that someone my height and weight (pretty much average, only slightly on the smaller side), is almost measuring an extra-small in a tailored fit shirt ???

Comment

No, it's not just you. I have a small sitting here and although labeled "14-14 1/2", the neck measures 15.5 inches...

I'm a little bit smaller than you and I would perfectly fit in the extra small if the chest was 1 inch bigger...

Comment

Chareth - I would be cautious sizing down for a slim guy as an automatic. Unless the sleeves run long, it's very easy to be stuck with a shirt that can only be worn with the sleeves rolled up. If you're fine with that, great. But I have a bunch of shirts like that and have sort of reached my limit on that front.

Now I'm focusing on buying the really slim fits of companies like BB on sale.

Comment

JCrew shirts have very long sleeves for the quoted size. Like I mentioned above, Mediums have 35" sleeves and Smalls have 34" sleeves. I can only imagine how long the sleeves are on their "Tall" shirts.

I'd say sizing down would work for the majority of people out there except for those with unproportionally long arms.

Comment

That's an inch longer than most companies in both Small and Medium - in which case you should have plenty long enough sleeves!

Comment

Working...
            X