X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gustin Chelsea Boots

Discuss.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/398...df74d-75948453

My off the hoof impression: good price, wish they had gone with a dainite or vibram sole, seem fairly casual in shade/details.

Ugh, I wished I had just waited a little bit longer before buying a pair of Chelsea boots. Is it just me, or does the height look a little short.

Comment

They look great, but completely ruined (for me) by the leather soles.

Comment

I am not very happy about them at all, I had fully convinced myself I was done buying shoes for the year, then they cam out with these and the brown classic boots.....I might be making one last purchase for 2016

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
          They look great, but completely ruined (for me) by the leather soles.
          I'm with you on that. The fact that they seem kind of casual with that leather choice makes it feel out of place to go with the leather sole. I'd be wanting to beat these up but with leather soles I cringe every time I feel rough pavement beneath my feet and imagine that little piece of gravel slowly embedding it's way into the sole.

Comment

Granted the AE's are a lot more expensive, but they at least have the combination tap sole so it's not as big a deal if you walk on a snowy/sanded/etc. sidewalk or something. Chelseas are supposed to be for fall, and maybe some early springtime days, when the weather can be a lot less predictable (for most people at least). I couldn't in good conscience wear leather-soled boots if that was going to happen. I did it ONCE, briefly, with some AE Daltons, but they weren't exposed too terribly long and were allowed to properly dry indoors afterward. No noticeable lasting effects. (plus they were closeouts on shoebank so I got them for a song; when recrafting time comes around they're getting upgraded to Dainite if I can sweet-talk 'em into it)

Tap or Dainite for me for boots from here out.
            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I don't know why leather soles are a non-starter for so many people. I put sole guards on all my leather-soled shoes, but I guess that's an added cost on top of getting the shoes.

Comment

It kinda look like a rubber needs to be added to the front just to get the heel to sit flat...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

I was stoked to see their email announcing these boots, even though I already own a pair of chelsea's. But the leather sole, late winter/early spring delivery, and the fact that my latest shoe purchase from them was delayed made me (very reluctantly) decide that I will not be jumping on them.
                  FWIW, they look gorgeous.

Comment

I think they look awful. I don't care if a Chelsea has a slim or bulky profile, but these look unrefined and squished from top down. Definitely prefer the Common Projects Chelseas or Viberg Chelseas than these, but of course they're much more expensive.

Tempted to pull on these. 25% off with code ASALECODE.

https://www.notre-shop.com/collectio...in-olive-suede

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                      I think they look awful. I don't care if a Chelsea has a slim or bulky profile, but these look unrefined and squished from top down. Definitely prefer the Common Projects Chelseas or Viberg Chelseas than these, but of course they're much more expensive.

Tempted to pull on these. 25% off with code ASALECODE.

https://www.notre-shop.com/collectio...in-olive-suede
                      Common projects look awesome. My one hesitation about their Chelsea boots is the construction. I'm pretty sure that their Achilles sneakers are cemented, and if their Chelsea boots are cemented too I'd rather spend the money on something longer lasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

The leather is a bit rustic for Chelseas. You would have to wear them with denim or chinos. Not surprising with the rest of the Gustin line, but I prefer Chelseas that can be worn with suits. As per usual, Gustin's seasonal timing is atrocious. Those are fall boots that won't be available until the spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                          Common projects look awesome. My one hesitation about their Chelsea boots is the construction. I'm pretty sure that their Achilles sneakers are cemented, and if their Chelsea boots are cemented too I'd rather spend the money on something longer lasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Description says they're goodyear welted. Pics seem to back that up. From the website:
                          "We are proud to say that our boots are made using Goodyear welt construction. Goodyear welting is a time consuming and expensive process utilized only by the most respected shoemakers in the world. It is highly regarded for reasons including being relatively waterproof, the ease in replacing the sole and its durability. We use a 360 degree welt and individually nail the rubber Vibram heel to each boot."

Comment

i really like those chelseas, but they are definitley a big jeavy boot, and if you bought them, you'd need to dress accordingly.

usually a chelsea is more of a dressshoe masquerading as a boot.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerking View Post
                              The leather is a bit rustic for Chelseas. You would have to wear them with denim or chinos. Not surprising with the rest of the Gustin line, but I prefer Chelseas that can be worn with suits. As per usual, Gustin's seasonal timing is atrocious. Those are fall boots that won't be available until the spring.
                              Yes a Chelsea for me is a dressed up boot. If I can ever afford a pair they would be AE Liverpools.

Comment

Working...
                              X