Allen Edmonds Proprietary Seconds Marking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds Proprietary Seconds Marking

I bought a pair of Sanfords on Ebay and I want to make sure that what I got was first quality. These are my first pair of nice dress shoes so I want to make sure I didn't get ripped off. I called an AE store up and asked if there was any way to tell based on the markings in the shoe and was told that it is proprietary information that they can't give out. So this brings me to ya'll. If this is listed somewhere in an old thread, I apologize. I've tried searching many times and haven't found anything. Does anyone know if there is a way to identify AE seconds. Thanks.

From what i've found...seconds will be marked on the box, plus will have a tiny branding on the sole that looks like a tiny shoe.

Previously worn and returned shoes will have a hole punched in the sole.

Comment

I thought that seconds have a small shoe stamp on the sole...proprietary information? Really? That sounds ridiculous for a company like AE.

Comment

If there is a shoe stamp it means that there's a flaw with the shoe. If there's a W it means that the shoe was worn and returned. If there's a black hole it means that the shoe's not good enough to be sold.

Comment

Cool looks like I got firsts. I too thought it was ridiculous that she wouldn't tell me how to identify them. She offered to identify them if I sent her pictures of the inside and the soles. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X