Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To whomever writes Bowties & Boatshoes... / Sid Mashburn

http://bowtiesandboatshoes.com/?p=4981#more-4981

You're a jerk. I've been purposefully avoiding any re-visits to Sid Mashburn's online site because of the acute possibility of spending way too much there for my own good. Now that you've pointed out the cotton madras ties, I think the green one ( http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/neck...ras-tie-1.html ) may be a great option to pair with my newly-purchased Bonobos navy seersucker suit... so thanks.

Also, the write-up in GQ recently sparked some interest in their $1k suits. Yes, more than people like spending here, but seem to be right in my wheelhouse for a great suit that fits properly and isn't trendy but isn't out of style. Wish there was a way to access them without booking a trip to Atlanta...

Haha I wish I could see Ryan's reaction when he reads this!

Comment

FWIW, I hear Atlanta is a great place to visit, but you'll want to hurry before it starts heating up. ;-)

Comment

Ryan, that's who it is -- I thought the guy behind B&B came around once in a while, thus the post.

Oh Atlanta's a nice city, I've been a few times here and there. I just don't know if I want to try to get a suit made for me while traveling, since it'd take a while to get measured, then have it made, then back for a fitting, etc. I like what I've heard though...

Comment

Yeah that $1K suit caught my eye. Might look more seriously at it down the road. Never bought anything from there, but I've got respect for SM for not fleeing to NYC or California.

Comment

Sorry, Alan, "starts" heating up!? As an Atlantan myself, let me assure you that it's already an inferno here.

Comment

LOL fair enough, Kenneth.

Comment

Paging RHStansbury to the conference room. I'll message him on Twitter.

Comment

Atlanta is a miserable town, but it has its good parts.

That tie would look fantastic with that navy seersucker suit.

Comment

@Jordan -- agreed. All three of the madras plaid ties at SD would be great, so I'm debating still, but I think the green may win out as my next spending binge.

Comment

Also, as a sidenote, I think the 3 1/8" width may be God's gift to those of us (read as: me) that aren't super skinny and/or can't pull off a skinny tie (which I say is anything under 3") at work without becoming subject to ridicule.

Comment

I have to say, this post made my day. Bows & Boats is still a labor of love for us, so it is flattering to know that there are actually people out there reading the site.

There are a number of stores that I am a fan of, but Sid Mashburn is really a step above. If I could afford it, I honestly think I might just empty the closet and head there for a refresh. In the meantime, I'll just stick with pieces here and there until Facebook decides they want to buy a preppy blog for a billion dollars.

Comment

@RHS, you do nice work over there keep it up. I've always appreciated your input over here as well. I figure when FB buys your blog you'll do a Sid Mashburn suit and shoe giveaway for the Dappered Threads

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, and that is absolutely a deal! Between the blog, the real job, and a quick field trip down South for a Masters practice round, I haven't had too much time to post but have been doing my best to keep up with the latest over here as well.

Comment

@RHS- for what it's worth, I've perused your entire content probably 3 or 4 times and find it to be in keeping with the highest standards of writing. Many kudos to you and I hope you keep it up! It's always a pleasure to read.

Comment

Working...
                              X