No announcement yet.

My dog had a $300 snack - AE Strands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard to say. I want to say "just shoes", that it's just a posession, but I just got my first pair of AEs today. And they're some posession.

And not unlike the other sourpuss up there I have a young kid, plenty of single people in my life that want to interject something about their mutt after I say something about my kid, and let's face it. Pets take a bigtime backseat in this part of a life, where you have to put so much attention and care into an actual person. My dogs are well taken care of, but I'm kinda indifferent most days.

Comment

"bremersm: Pets love people the way children love people - unconditionally. I'm not saying pets are children, but there is definitely something special about them."

Just thought I would quote Alan, so people disagreeing with him might have a better chance of actually reading what he said. I'm failing to see where he calls pets children, here.

Comment

except for cats. they know no love

Comment

Cats love. But it's love at arm's (paw's?) length, since their real job in life is to remind you of how insignificant you are.

Ben

Comment

Did you buy them in the last 90 days, with a credit card? If so, you may be able to convince MC/Visa/Amex to reimburse you.

Comment

@BenR: That reminds me of a greeting card I once read. It had a cat on it and it said something along the lines of, "Today, I thought about shredding you to pieces and feasting on your remains... but I didn't. And if that's not love, I don't know what is. Happy birthday from the cat."

Comment

This shall convert everyone to being animal-lovers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0-Sv6YnxEc

What's that? You want more?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=V0FKJLoJ-f8

Comment

Pets/animals are awesome...in someone else's home...

On more serious matters, I HIGHLY suggest you use AE's recrafting service (as you originally stated) and not a local cobbler. With AE, they will not only replace the sole; but, refill the cork bed and restore the polish......most importantly, all the work will be done on the actual last.

Comment

Wow, didn't realize calling pets useless would get such a rise. And to call me a sociopath; thanks. Coming from someone that doesn't know me that cuts me deep, but not really. As they say opinions are like assholes and there are many of them on the Internet.

No pet horror stories personally, but a story to share. A coworker had a dog that ate her sports bra that she left on her bed. The bra had an under wire and the dog ate the whole bra including the wire. Well the dog had to go to the vet and have surgery. After countless surgeries costing north of $10k the dog still died.

I enjoy being around pets, but as for owning the risk outweighs the reward.

Comment

Well, usually pets don't go in for $10k hospital visits regularly. Or die of eating bras. The cost is generally spread out. I quite enjoy pets and though I currently don't have one, I will once again in coming years. I think the cost is usually much lower than the reward, but it is all determined by one's own opinion.

Comment

@Cannon I agree. I love dogs but will never have one as a pet.

Comment

Just a thought, if your co-worker was willing to spend $10,000 to try an save her dog, it is apparent that the dog meant a lot to her,thus showing that they bring something greater than monetary value into a persons life.

Comment

I finally got around to sending my Strands in for recrafting. Allen Edmonds found puncture holes in the uppers which means that they're a loss. They gave me a blanket discount of 20% off any pair of Allen Edmonds to make up for the inability to recraft the shoes. Allen Edmonds has fantastic customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
                              A coworker had a dog that ate her sports bra that she left on her bed. The bra had an under wire and the dog ate the whole bra including the wire. Well the dog had to go to the vet and have surgery. After countless surgeries costing north of $10k the dog still died....
                              Maybe somebody else should post a cost-benefit analysis like " Walking my dog in the park got me laid x number of times. My accountant tells me this saved me at least $y on dinners and movies or possibly as much as $yyy! compared to what it would have cost with hookers..."

(Where is the devil smiley when you need one?)

Comment

WTF just happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X