Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ordered an Articles of Style suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ordered an Articles of Style suit?

Well the subject line says it all. I'm curious to know if anyone has ordered a MTM suit from Dan Trepanier's site Articles of Style. If so, what are your impressions, etc. Thanks.

I haven't, although I have drooled over a couple of their suits. That being said, I get the feeling that you're really paying for their branding/ego more than anything you couldn't get for a bit cheaper in other avenues (including other MTM/custom shops). The idea of $995 summer suits (i.e., khaki cotton, seersucker, etc.) just rubs me the wrong way.

Comment

The only difference is that with the new NYC location, it is possible that you end up with a hybrid online/in-person fitting for a bespoke experience. This in combination with Dan's personal input on your fit and measurements can make this a decent proposition money-wise compared to Oliver Wick, etc. I think the end result is highly likely to be a great fit. Once you have that, you can use to replicate in less expensive routes with different fabrics. I have been eyeing the olive suit for a while now, but I am in no position to drop $1k on a suit right now.

Comment

I am actually right in the middle of the process, having ordered the Navy Hopsack 3-piece. I received the first try-on about a week and a half ago and have already sent the pictures back for final adjustments. Very excited to see the final outcome!

Comment

Is the try on useable as is? Will this be serviceable on top of the final product? They mention that on the website but I have my doubts.

Comment

[MENTION=2798]ryan[/MENTION] nice. If you're able to post some pics (and your impression of the process) that would be great.

Comment

also would like to see and hear more. Doubt I'd ever actually afford it, but would still like to see more.

Comment

[MENTION=2798]ryan[/MENTION] Curious to know/hear about any updates you may be able to share. Cheers.

Comment

I placed my initial order July 4th when they had the 20% off sale. I ordered the 3-piece in Navy Hopsack. The initial try-on garment was delivered on September 2nd and I sent the follow up try-on photos back to the team within 2 days. The pants fit very well, and only need the hem brought up about an inch. The vest was overly tight in the mid-section and will need to be let out about two inches. I was impressed with the fact they use the same fabric on the front and back of the vest (no silk back). The jacket fit perfect in the sleeves and shoulders. The rest will need to be adjusted with some pulling at the lats and lower chest. Similarly the sleeve angle needs to be adjusted but the width and length are perfect. I would post pictures but I don't have dappered permission.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=2798]ryan[/MENTION]. So it sounds like over all you are happy with your purchase. Would you do it again? And do you think you had a good value for the money?

As for posting pics, I think everyone has permission. If you use Taptalk the app makes it a snap to post pics here. Otherwise try to using Imagr. Seems like a lot of people on Dappered use that site to host their images.

Comment

[MENTION=2798]ryan[/MENTION] The current tapatalk app is not good if you don't have it downloaded, IMO (huge ads unless you pay for the app). Would highly recommend Imgur for your image hosting needs, as it will create bbcode links that you can paste straight into your Threads post.
                      Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

[MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION] awe crap. I just updated the app. Haven't looked at it yet, but from the sounds of it I might not like what I see...

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] I just deleted the app, honestly. Ads everywhere. I think it has something like a 1.5 star rating now?
                          Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

[MENTION=2798]ryan[/MENTION] thought I'd revive the thread to see if you've had any additional luck posting photos of the finished suits. Thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] thank you for reviving! I decided to set up an Imgur account to see if this will work. First up, my early fitting after uploading my self-measurements. http://imgur.com/a/OtaaR

By the way, if there is an easier way to embed the images rather than providing a link, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X