Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBayers/Thrifters help needed - looking for some shoes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBayers/Thrifters help needed - looking for some shoes.

I'm in the market for some brown dress shoes, but don't have too much money to spend. I would like to buy a used pair of something quality, preferably somewhat plain like Park Avenues or Fifth Avenues. I was wondering what I should be looking to spend. I know we have some quality eBayers and Thrifters out here, so I would appreciate it if you guy can give me some tips.

It depends on who makes it and its condition. Really, every pair is different. What's the budget?

Comment

I don't necessarily have a budget, I just won't have too many opportunities to wear them, so it's kind of a niche buy. By the way I wear a 12 D in almost everything, so I figured having a common size would make them more difficult to find.

Comment

Since I won't be wearing them too often I'm also not worried that much about quality, I just want something with a nice sleek silhouette. So cheaper good looking shoes are another option if anyone has any suggestions.

Comment

Just one piece of advice: Unless you're absolutely sure of the fit, look for auctions that accept returns.. saves you trouble down the line if they don't fit as well as you want them to.

Comment

You could easily find excellent and nearly new quality AE shoes for less than $150 on ebay. Sometimes it takes some patience to find the pair you really want. Create a saved search on ebay for what you are looking for.

Comment

By "sleek", do you mean Italian? Or just anything stylish and non-boxy?

Comment

And the Park Avenue and Fifth Avenue are both balmorals. Do you want closed-lace shoes or are bluchers ok?

Comment

Just stylish and non-boxy, preferably round cap-tow. I'm not to informed on dress shoes or dress shoe etiquette. I would prefer something closed lace, but I'm not necessarily against open laced. I think more than anything, I just want something with a thinner sole and a round cap-toe.

I bought these during the Bonobos 50% off sale. I sized down as suggested, and they were way too small.

http://www.bonobos.com/bert-lace-up-dark-brown

Then I placed an order for these during the CladMen sale, but they ran out before my order was fulfilled.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bruno-ma...esultback=3843

Comment

Yeah, I'm still pretty ticked about those Bruno Maglis, too. Same thing happened to me. :-P Well I'll keep a look-out, but I must warn you... I'm also a 12D, and I'm also on the lookout for a pair of brown cap toes. :-) I'm aiming for high-end, though, so if I come across anything, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Comment

Thanks Alan I appreciate the help. I've been looking for a cheaper pair but just cannot find the same styling as the better quality brands, so I guess I will have to enter the world of eBaying/Thrifting.

Comment

Working...
                      X