"Or, whatever your favorite pair of dark wash denim happens to be."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Or, whatever your favorite pair of dark wash denim happens to be."

This is the most-used sentence on the main site, right? Most recently in the "steal the style" piece up today. It made me wonder - what is everyone's favorite pair of dark-wash denim?

I'm not a huge denim or selvedge guy, so for me, it's a pair of Levi's 508s. Next time I buy a pair, I'll probably give the 541s a try and see how they compare.

I can get 514s for $36 in a few different shades/styles of dark wash. So I tend to go that route because....well, they're 36 bucks. :P
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Levi's 514 for me. They fit my body type great, look good (to me), and seem to last reasonably long. My only complaint with them is that size can vary drastically between colors/washes. I have gone into a dressing room with three pairs all marked as the same size, but in different washes, and had one pairs fit perfectly, one pair so tight i could not button them, and one pair too big.

I also have a pair of J Crew jeans I really really like, but i could not tell you what style off the top of my head. I used to spend a lot more on Jeans, but for the last 5 years or so I have been happy enough with the Levis that I have not felt inclined to spend more.

Comment

I wear jeans maybe 10 times per year. I just bought a pair of Levi 513s. They should last me a while.

Comment

My waist is going through a transition period right now, so Levi's Denizen 232 slim-straight from Target on sale for $19 fit the bill.

http://www.target.com/p/denizen-from...st_searchpdp_4

They are basically Levi's 514s, 99% cotton, 1% elastene.

I have broader shoulders/chest, and no butt, so tapered jeans that fit well in the thigh make me look like a carrot. Slim-straight it is.

Comment

For me, it's Uniqlo regular fit jeans. They are better fitting to my body than other good choices in the price range (Levis, Gap, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Matt Dalton

Comment

I'm a relatively recent convert to Levi's 541. I have them in dark denim, white denim, orangey acorn twill, and khaki twill.

They are basically perfect for me - generous in the seat and thighs, slim through the lower leg, 99% cotton + 1% elastane so they move with my body and did not shrink to hell after washing. The way they fit when I first got them is the way they still fit now.

My only complaint about them is that I am currently wearing the smallest size available in this style - 30x30. If I shrink at all in the waist or hips, which is a very real possibility since I have been tweaking my diet and exercise regime recently, I'm going to be in trouble.
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalton View Post
                For me, it's Uniqlo regular fit jeans. They are better fitting to my body than other good choices in the price range (Levis, Gap, etc.)
                Same.

Comment

DSTLD By far. Highest quality jean's I've owned for the money. For me its the straight fit, but YMMV.

Comment

I have a few that I really like-

1) Bonobos "Flatiron" Summer-weight denim. Fit is great and these things broke in like butter- I wear them year round in Texas and feels like I'm wearing denim broken-in chinos. Got them on clearance/sale and paid about $70 I believe- but happy I did.

2) JCF Sutton Jean- dark rinse, sturdy material. Won't be mistaken for a premium pair of jeans (i.e. no stretch, no fancy wash or break in) but they are my go-to "just need pants" pair on the weekends- and I paid $30 for them.

3) Old Navy Active/Flex or whatever denim- can't recall the exact branding of them but they are cotton/elastane/poly I believe. Breath great and the stretch. is. phenomenal. It is so nice going to bend your knee up onto a step or chair (perhaps to tie your shoe, or change a lightbulb) and feel the jeans just move with you instead of giving you resistance. Super comfortable, only wish the wash didn't look so cheaply done (fine for most occasions but I wouldn't wear these with a jacket). Also paid about $30 for these.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                      I have a few that I really like-

1) Bonobos "Flatiron" Summer-weight denim. Fit is great and these things broke in like butter- I wear them year round in Texas and feels like I'm wearing denim broken-in chinos. Got them on clearance/sale and paid about $70 I believe- but happy I did.

2) JCF Sutton Jean- dark rinse, sturdy material. Won't be mistaken for a premium pair of jeans (i.e. no stretch, no fancy wash or break in) but they are my go-to "just need pants" pair on the weekends- and I paid $30 for them.

3) Old Navy Active/Flex or whatever denim- can't recall the exact branding of them but they are cotton/elastane/poly I believe. Breath great and the stretch. is. phenomenal. It is so nice going to bend your knee up onto a step or chair (perhaps to tie your shoe, or change a lightbulb) and feel the jeans just move with you instead of giving you resistance. Super comfortable, only wish the wash didn't look so cheaply done (fine for most occasions but I wouldn't wear these with a jacket). Also paid about $30 for these.
                      would you be able to compare the bonobos summer weight jeans the banana republic traveler jeans?

Comment

I have two pairs of DSTLD jeans. By far the best jeans I've ever worn.

Comment

Gap Standard Fit in resin-- only when on sale. Canadian prices start at $80, but drop with sales occasionally. However, I purchased my pair a couple of years ago, so I don't know if they've changed the sizing again.

Only Gap/BR jeans I can comfortably wear; anything slimmer that fits around the waist bunches or goes skintight around the upper calves and thighs. Side effect of averge muscle development but with a slender waist.

Comment

Gustin and Indigogene. I have a pair of Ciano Farmers but haven't worn them yet. Looking to get a pair of Pure Blue Japans or Iron Hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by Galcobar View Post
                              Gap Standard Fit in resin-- only when on sale. Canadian prices start at $80, but drop with sales occasionally. However, I purchased my pair a couple of years ago, so I don't know if they've changed the sizing again.

Only Gap/BR jeans I can comfortably wear; anything slimmer that fits around the waist bunches or goes skintight around the upper calves and thighs. Side effect of averge muscle development but with a slender waist.
                              You should check out Naked and Famous Weird Guy or Easy Guy fits.

Comment

Working...
                              X