X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DandyLion
    replied
    Originally posted by 3piece View Post
    The size of the back pockets is one of the reasons I don't wear jeans anymore. Another reason is chinos simply look better.
    I just bought combatgent Italian cotton chinos in a couple colors. Love them.

Leave a comment:

• DandyLion
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    @DandyLion The huge back pockets is a street wear thing. As a short person I also hate that. It really isn't flattering at all. Try Uniqlo or if you're willing to spend more APC. They both have pockets on the smaller side.
    Thanks. Uniqlo actually describes a large back pocket in their selvedge Jean description online.

APC is more than i Am willing to spend.

Leave a comment:

• 3piece
    replied
    The size of the back pockets is one of the reasons I don't wear jeans anymore. Another reason is chinos simply look better.

Leave a comment:

• Hierophant
    replied
    Gustin jeans also have reasonably sized pockets for short dudes (I am so short; Gustin suits my short-butt perfectly well).

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    [MENTION=15807]DandyLion[/MENTION] The huge back pockets is a street wear thing. As a short person I also hate that. It really isn't flattering at all. Try Uniqlo or if you're willing to spend more APC. They both have pockets on the smaller side.

Leave a comment:

• DandyLion
    replied
    I received a pair of Combat Gent selvedge denim jeans in slim. I'm confused and disappointed by the back pockets. They go way past the bottom of my butt cheek, feels like halfway down my thigh. why do the pockets have to be so enormous? IMO, it's terribly unflattering. just looking at the pictures online, it seems like DSTLD does this too. Is this a selvedge thing?

I'm looking for a first pair of selvedge jeans (prefer raw/unsanforized) to try the custom break-in experience. Can anyone recommend a pair of decent quality dark indigo raw selvedge jeans under...say...$80...that doesn't have pockets down to the mid hamstring? the pocket should end at or maybe just below the bottom of the booty. no?

here's the CG jean:

original.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Snake Doctor
    replied
    I have one pair of J. Crew Wallace and Barnes Cone Denim jeans in 32, Bonobos Travel Jeans in 32, and Uniqlo cords and chinos in 32 and both my pairs of N&F Weird Guy are 32 as well. By contrast, my Gustins are all 33. All fit well and more or less the same. Hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

• eparchos
    replied
    Originally posted by connersw View Post
    Could you comment on what size you wear in Rogue Territory and N&F Weird Guy vs brands like J.Crew or Uniqlo? I went to Bloomingdales to try on some N&F, but the one near me doesn't stock any N&F.
    I wear a 32 across the board at JCrew, i like the 770 fit. Weird guys fit about the same in a size 33 for me.

Leave a comment:

• redbeardedmike
    replied
    I recently got some LL Bean Signature in slim-straight. With a 20% off coupon on Jeans, it was $67. They seem well made (and made here) and a pretty good price for Cone Mills denim.

Leave a comment:

• connersw
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Happy to help. I should also mention that Rogue Territory's Stanton fit is similar to the N&F Weird Guy. They both have roomy thighs and tapper below the knees. Weird Guys have more tapper but they have a horribly low rise. Stantons have a mid rise and a contoured waist band like a pair of Bonobos pants. They're infinitely more comfortable if you have larger thighs or butt.
    Could you comment on what size you wear in Rogue Territory and N&F Weird Guy vs brands like J.Crew or Uniqlo? I went to Bloomingdales to try on some N&F, but the one near me doesn't stock any N&F.

Leave a comment:

• dickkurtz101
    replied
    501ct's sized down one size in the waist. I'm 6'3" with a long torso so it is hard for me to find a slimmer fitting jean that has a decent rise on it, but this one seems to do the trick. I wear 514's casually, but they look strange if I tuck a shirt into them

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin Polyester III
    replied
    another vote for Levi's 514, tumbled rigid

Leave a comment:

• Dalton
    replied
    Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    If you have a Nordstrom or bloomy stores near by, they both carry naked n famous Jean.
    [MENTION=3910]jackbauer24[/MENTION], I have a Nordstrom, but they don't stock N&F... or really any selvedge for that matter. I can order and return to the store though, so I may do that if I check N&F. I don't think any department stores around me carry Rogue Territory tho to try them in store. It'd be all mail. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Autiger367
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Lemus View Post
    I have two pairs of DSTLD jeans. By far the best jeans I've ever worn.
    +1 Great jeans and price point.

Leave a comment:

• Kroaker
    replied
    Originally posted by thedrake View Post
    Looks like I'm the only one wearing Levi 501's
    Count me in on those, too!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X