Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Or, whatever your favorite pair of dark wash denim happens to be."

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    I came to sing the praises of the the JCF Sutton as well... just slightly slimmer than 514s, especially towards the cuff. For around $30, it's tough to beat (and just looked this morning; if you've got a Gilt City voucher available, they drop to $27 today).

    I also own two versions of BR Traveler jeans; a gray pair from the main store, and a lighter wash from their Factory line. Both are crazy comfortable, albeit a slimmer fit than the Sutton. The Factory seems a bit more stiff than the other pair? I believe there was a Dappered breakdown of the differences, but I was able to nab the Factory pair for about $45, vs the $70 or so that I paid for the regular BRs when they weren't excluded during a sale.
    Last edited by Chris W; September 14, 2016, 10:34 AM. Reason: typo

    Comment


      #47
      BR travelers for $70? That's a really good steal, almost never see them drop that low.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
        BR travelers for $70? That's a really good steal, almost never see them drop that low.
        Yeah, I think they snuck in during last year's F&F. Had never seen them that low either, and had to jump on it.

        Comment


          #49
          Thanks for the heads-up on the JCF Sutton. I've been looking at them in a while but have never owned their jeans (have a couple each of lightweight chinos and broken-in chinos, all of which are great for the price). It's too bad they don't come in grey, though, as I got a pair of BR grey jeans (not the travelers) a while back and want a second pair that's more of a lighter or medium grey. But BR has other options for there, so I'm glad to know that the JCF dark denim is worth a try.

          Originally posted by Chris W View Post
          I came to sing the praises of the the JCF Sutton as well... just slightly slimmer than 514s, especially towards the cuff. For around $30, it's tough to beat (and just looked this morning; if you've got a Gilt City voucher available, they drop to $27 today).

          I also own two versions of BR Traveler jeans; a gray pair from the main store, and a lighter wash from their Factory line. Both are crazy comfortable, albeit a slimmer fit than the Sutton. The Factory seems a bit more stiff than the other pair? I believe there was a Dappered breakdown of the differences, but I was able to nab the Factory pair for about $45, vs the $70 or so that I paid for the regular BRs when they weren't excluded during a sale.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Geo View Post
            [MENTION=15817]Dalton[/MENTION] If you're looking for something in the range of Tellason and 3Sixteen check out Rogue Territory. They've been my go to for the last 5 years. I've owned Tellason and 3sixteen and IMO Rogue Territory makes a better jean. The denim on 3Sixteen is great but the quality isn't up to par with Rogue Territory and everything about the Tellasons was just okay at best. Definitely go with the pair that fits best but just wanted to through their name out there.
            [MENTION=13237]Geo[/MENTION], thanks for the recommendation on that. That's another company in the fray, but I suppose I might just move them up the rankings. If only the wife would let me go crazy and get one of each....

            Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
            I'm all about Gustin, but I also regularly wear a couple of pairs of the US-made Lands End Canvas jeans from a few years back and recently picked up a pair of Naked and Famous Weird Guy. Love the fit on them but haven't had much of a chance to wear them yet because it's been so hot.
            [MENTION=7367]Snake Doctor[/MENTION], I have been curious for a while on the weird guy fit from N&F, but its not like you can hit up a department store and try them on. I hate shipping something and shipping it back if it doesn't fit. That said, I love N&F because of the variety of selvege they have. I love all the options and really want to get into a pair of their heavy slub or Frankenstein.

            Comment


              #51
              Looks like I'm the only one wearing Levi 501's

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Dalton View Post
                [MENTION=13237]Geo[/MENTION], thanks for the recommendation on that. That's another company in the fray, but I suppose I might just move them up the rankings. If only the wife would let me go crazy and get one of each....

                [MENTION=7367]Snake Doctor[/MENTION], I have been curious for a while on the weird guy fit from N&F, but its not like you can hit up a department store and try them on. I hate shipping something and shipping it back if it doesn't fit. That said, I love N&F because of the variety of selvege they have. I love all the options and really want to get into a pair of their heavy slub or Frankenstein.
                Happy to help. I should also mention that Rogue Territory's Stanton fit is similar to the N&F Weird Guy. They both have roomy thighs and tapper below the knees. Weird Guys have more tapper but they have a horribly low rise. Stantons have a mid rise and a contoured waist band like a pair of Bonobos pants. They're infinitely more comfortable if you have larger thighs or butt. Everything about Rogue Territory's jeans is really well executed. I don't mean to be a shill for them but I've had a lot of selvedge denim over the years and they're the only brand I keep going back to.

                Also, if you can, definitely order a pair from each brand and keep the one that fits the best. There's nothing worse than wasting your money on something that doesn't fit right. An inexpensive pair that fits well is better than an expensive pair that doesn't.
                Last edited by Geo; September 14, 2016, 05:14 PM.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Dalton View Post
                  [MENTION=13237]Geo[/MENTION], thanks for the recommendation on that. That's another company in the fray, but I suppose I might just move them up the rankings. If only the wife would let me go crazy and get one of each....

                  [MENTION=7367]Snake Doctor[/MENTION], I have been curious for a while on the weird guy fit from N&F, but its not like you can hit up a department store and try them on. I hate shipping something and shipping it back if it doesn't fit. That said, I love N&F because of the variety of selvege they have. I love all the options and really want to get into a pair of their heavy slub or Frankenstein.
                  If you have a Nordstrom or bloomy stores near by, they both carry naked n famous Jean.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                    Looks like I'm the only one wearing Levi 501's
                    Count me in on those, too!

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Michael Lemus View Post
                      I have two pairs of DSTLD jeans. By far the best jeans I've ever worn.
                      +1 Great jeans and price point.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                        If you have a Nordstrom or bloomy stores near by, they both carry naked n famous Jean.
                        [MENTION=3910]jackbauer24[/MENTION], I have a Nordstrom, but they don't stock N&F... or really any selvedge for that matter. I can order and return to the store though, so I may do that if I check N&F. I don't think any department stores around me carry Rogue Territory tho to try them in store. It'd be all mail. Thanks!

                        Comment


                          #57
                          another vote for Levi's 514, tumbled rigid

                          Comment


                            #58
                            501ct's sized down one size in the waist. I'm 6'3" with a long torso so it is hard for me to find a slimmer fitting jean that has a decent rise on it, but this one seems to do the trick. I wear 514's casually, but they look strange if I tuck a shirt into them

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Happy to help. I should also mention that Rogue Territory's Stanton fit is similar to the N&F Weird Guy. They both have roomy thighs and tapper below the knees. Weird Guys have more tapper but they have a horribly low rise. Stantons have a mid rise and a contoured waist band like a pair of Bonobos pants. They're infinitely more comfortable if you have larger thighs or butt.
                              Could you comment on what size you wear in Rogue Territory and N&F Weird Guy vs brands like J.Crew or Uniqlo? I went to Bloomingdales to try on some N&F, but the one near me doesn't stock any N&F.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                I recently got some LL Bean Signature in slim-straight. With a 20% off coupon on Jeans, it was $67. They seem well made (and made here) and a pretty good price for Cone Mills denim.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X