Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with Thorogood Boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have experience with Thorogood Boots?

CXL Leather, Goodyear welted, American made and good looking.

Is there a reason that they don't get much love?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/thorogo...referer=MZ9BQ4
    Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
    Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

I saw this drop as well and I'm definitely interested. Personally since I don't know exactly how their sizing runs I will pass. All sales final through Massdrop and as we all know, shoe sizes can be a bit all over the place.

Comment

I have a pair of Thorogoods and like them. Incidentally I am wearing them today. They aren't quite up to snuff with Red Wing and the like in terms of finishing and quality control, but overall I am happy with mine, especially for the price paid. The leather is a little thinner and softer than is used on Red Wings, which may be a negative in terms of durability/longevity, but it is actually a benefit in terms of out-of-the-box comfort. Mine had no break-in period at all. Sizing is true to typical work boot sizing, that is, they do run a tiny bit big and you will likely want 1/2 size down from your typical size in other shoes.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        They aren't quite up to snuff with Red Wing and the like in terms of finishing and quality control, but overall I am happy with mine, especially for the price paid. The leather is a little thinner and softer than is used on Red Wings, which may be a negative in terms of durability/longevity, but it is actually a benefit in terms of out-of-the-box comfort.
        Thank you! This is mostly what I was wondering about. I've been eyeing some Red Wings, but these might work just fine for me, seeing as I don't actually need a bullet proof boot as part of my life.
        Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
        Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
        --Jason Isbell

Comment

Once I wear out my current cap toe boots, I'm probably going to get the Dodgevilles. Been eyeing those since last winter.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            I have a pair of Thorogoods and like them. Incidentally I am wearing them today. They aren't quite up to snuff with Red Wing and the like in terms of finishing and quality control, but overall I am happy with mine, especially for the price paid. The leather is a little thinner and softer than is used on Red Wings, which may be a negative in terms of durability/longevity, but it is actually a benefit in terms of out-of-the-box comfort. Mine had no break-in period at all. Sizing is true to typical work boot sizing, that is, they do run a tiny bit big and you will likely want 1/2 size down from your typical size in other shoes.
            come on, [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION], rock that Ninja Turtle tee.

Comment

I have a pair of the Steven Alan x Thorogood boots that I bought second hand and they have been great.
              "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by DandyLion View Post
                come on, [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION], rock that Ninja Turtle tee.
                Oh I totally let my nerd flag fly at the gym. Some guy yesterday asked if my Gryffindor Quidditch t-shirt was "in Icelandic"... wat a muggle amirite.
                Ben

Comment

Working...
                X