Goodyear welted bucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodyear welted bucks?

Over the past year, I've really just discovered what the characteristics of a good shoe are and have been trying to buy higher quality shoes. I've been thinking about picking up a suede buck next but I was wondering, should it be goodyear welted? Since a buck usually comes with a rubber sole, would you be able to have that resoled? Would you need to? Is this the type of shoe where you save some money and get a cemented shoe?
    thanks for your insights.

if you can find them on sale, JCrew's bucks are GYW and very nice quality.

For me tho, bucks arent something I would spend a ton of money on. they are more casual, and are going to get beat up. Bass Buckinghams and similar styles can regularly be found for 60 or under and are a good option for a cheaper but still good quality cemented option.

Comment

Originally posted by eparchos View Post
      if you can find them on sale, JCrew's bucks are GYW and very nice quality.

For me tho, bucks arent something I would spend a ton of money on. they are more casual, and are going to get beat up. Bass Buckinghams and similar styles can regularly be found for 60 or under and are a good option for a cheaper but still good quality cemented option.
      I think Bass discontinued the Buckingham. Can't see it on their site and there are only a few sizes left on Amazon and 6 P.M. They do have the Proctor Buc and the Pasadena (the latter at the factory outlet), but I don't think there're as nice as the Buckingham. And some of the size/color combinations aren't available in that, either.

Comment

Walk Overs. I used to own a pair. You can get them around $80-90 on sale at places like Saks Off 5th, or at least, you could a couple years ago. Have lost interest in wearing bucks since then.

Comment

Why couldn't you resole a rubber soled shoe as long as it's Goodyear welted? Also, rubber wears out just like leather, so at some point you might want to resole a pair of rubber soled shoes.

Brooks Brothers has some reasonably priced options which are Goodyear welted, if that's what you'd prefer.

Many different colors here and with that red brick rubber sole:
          http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Classi...s=18&cgid=0522

Not sure if these are technically "bucks", but they have that vibe. Leather sole. though. Good price due to the summer clearance.
          http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede-...K&contentpos=6

Comment

The Banana Republic bucks are very nice. The JCrew ones are nicer but pricier.

Comment

Goodyear welted bucks?

With bucks the upper will wear out long before a rubber sole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the JCrew bucks, bought them on sale right around the beginning of summer for a bit over 100 bucks. Gotta say that they are pretty nice for the price but I don't anticipate these lasting long enough for me to resole. The red brick soles seem durable. Personally ~150 is what I would spend on suede bucks, something that's quite seasonal imo.

Comment

You can resole shoes that aren't good year welted. I have seen repair shops claim they can resole any shoe, but I have heard also of people being told they don't fix certain shoes.

Comment

those brooks bros. bucks are slick (the italian ones with the leather sole i mean). you can get the Allen Edmonds suede derbies right now for $147 plus tax btw. they hit the clearance today.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/clearanc...=3106#start=11

Comment

brooks brothers does have some suede white bucks, they're probably on sale this late in the season.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Classi...7qkBoC5V7w_wcB

Comment

Working...
                      X