Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Get With The Bonobos' Golden Egg?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisW
    replied

I'm closing this thread, and the other revived Bonobos threads. If people want to post Bonobos related stuff, please do it in the sticky at the top of the forum.

@ Andy: Please do not spam links in old threads. If you must post your links, do so in the sticky. You will also have much more luck if you interact with the community and not just try to sponge referral dollars.

If you spam another link in an inappropriate place, you will regrettably be banned.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• andy3
    replied

$25 off first purchase! Use BRP_WBA374

Leave a comment:

• thomaspaine
    replied

I had it look for any of these strings on each page:

"marshmallow chick",

"afikoman",

"chocolate bunny",

"silver lily",

"golden egg",

"bonus",

I didn't even do any fancy regex stuff, just simple string matching. Here's the code if anyone's interested, it's about 100 lines of python.

https://gist.github.com/8d8b9d51da827ccd0164

Leave a comment:

• frost
    replied

I still don't get what search terms you could possibly use since all the codes were different... ?

Leave a comment:

• thomaspaine
    replied

I found a $50 code. Like others have alluded to I wrote a simple script to crawl the site and look for codes, but the $1000 was hidden in an image so no dice. I realized later how I could have altered my crawler to find it, but too late.

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

They took it down. It was on the waistband pic of the Bs Knees lobster shorts

Leave a comment:

• Webbfan87
    replied

I just looked through the shorts and I didn't find anything, so they must have either taken it down or I missed it...=\

Leave a comment:

• skippapotamus
    replied

neat exercise, as I've really not paid a lot of attention to their site. One code for a grand is probably worth a thousand people thinking about what they'd do with it.

Sherman 1955 boot- Oak St. I can't think of a way I get a big discount on anything that sells Oak St and I don't get some. 225

meriwether suit in steel - 425

couple pairs of pants @90 ea, 2 shirts at 80 apiece should cover it

Leave a comment:

• frost
    replied

Did anyone find anything?

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

Crafty!

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

that would have worked for the previous two 1000$ codes, alan. But todays they actually edited into a photo of a pair of shorts.

Leave a comment:

• thmage
    replied

@Alan, I tried that, but yeah, they must obscure it somehow.

But the 1000 and 250 codes are gone already.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

Just build a crawler seaching for "Easter", "egg", etc. Should actually be relatively simple unless it obfuscated or presented on the page as a DOM manipulation.

Leave a comment:

• Thekillabeejc
    replied

By the way, some of the codes are posted on their Facebook page too.

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

Hmm...I have a really good idea about how to find the code, but I would need a really fat internet pipe to get it done before someone else found it. Hell, it might be how the others are finding it so quick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X