Lands End "Year'Rounder Suits"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands End "Year'Rounder Suits"?

The Lands End page has a new ad for their Year'Rounder suits. They're apparently 100% wool and available in a few core colors. Can't tell from the description but they're likely fused. With coupon code, they're ringing up at ~$240.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences on these? Are they worth a shot? Though I take them with a grain of salt, the customer reviews thus far indicate some pleasant surprise regarding the quality to price ratio.

At $240, however grand a bargain that may be, are we close enough to Spier and Mackay territory that its best to pony up an extra +-$120 and get something half canvassed?

FWIW, I've been hesitant to buy JCF "beater" suits because of the thin lapels issue. These don't appear to have that issue.

http://www.landsend.com/shop/mens-sp...20160316-_-txt

Embargo - these are indeed great quality suits for the price. In fact, I am selling my 3 Lands' End Suits for $100 each in this thread in the Swap & Shop Forum:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...oal-Light-Grey

Comment

Interesting and promising. Far too small for me unfortunately but thanks for the offer!

Comment

I bought a suit last year and it was just a touch narrow in the shoulders, enough to be uncomfortable and tight when driving. Otherwise I thought they were a great value, they just didn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Embargo1063 View Post
          Interesting and promising. Far too small for me unfortunately but thanks for the offer!
          Now's the time to try it out. Looks like they're cutting $100 off if you spend $250 and free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
            Now's the time to try it out. Looks like they're cutting $100 off if you spend $250 and free shipping.
            You can also get pleated versions of their "tailored fit." I feel like that might have some interest among some of the guys in this forum.

Comment

Telling the difference between fused and half canvas is so hard, I am not sure it matters. 120, is only paying 30% more, but it is half the price.

If the fit is better, is a bigger question.

Comment

Working...
              X