Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark green dress shirt?

Hi folks,

I'm trying to find a (solid, not patterned) dark green dress shirt from this season in the same quality bracket as CT/S&M/Kamakura but I'm coming up dry. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Hierophant; September 5, 2016, 09:29 AM.

This may be difficult. Brands such as those you mentioned produce more traditionally styled dress shirts. Dark solid colors are not traditional, and many would not even label them as "dress shirts" as darker shirts don't often pair well with a tie or suit/sportcoat. These types of shirts are found more often in stores such as Express.

Comment

Kamakura is very traditional. I don’t think they’d ever stock a dark green dress shirt. Saturated colors are more casual when it comes to shirts. Dark dress shirts are neither traditional nor in fashion at the moment. You might find black or navy, but dark green is a very unusual color for a dress shirt.

If you really want one, try Macy’s or go custom.

Comment

Besides Macy's, Kohl's carries button up shirts in various dark colors but it's not considered a "dress shirt" in that color by the higher quality makers. Perhaps Robert Talbot, Robert Graham, or Bugatchi would have something like that in a good quality construction.

Comment

Depending on how dressy you want...
          https://propercloth.com/fabrics/teto...nnel-1486.html
          or
          https://propercloth.com/fabrics/canc...inen-2009.html
          or perhaps
          https://propercloth.com/fabrics/canc...nnel-1855.html

All fine fabrics. Middle one is summer weight. First and last winter.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerking View Post
            Kamakura is very traditional. I don’t think they’d ever stock a dark green dress shirt.
            I can attest to this. I've been shopping from their Japanese site for the past few years, which has tons more selection and from where the stock for the US site is obviously pulled from. I would check the site on almost a daily basis, since it was the only way for me to get any shirts I wanted in my size without them selling out quickly. I saw that new shirts were released in Japan at least twice a week. I never saw a dark green shirt as far as I can remember (I would have found it to be odd). The closest were some khaki-green corduroy and denim shirts.

Originally posted by wmilas View Post
            Depending on how dressy you want...
            https://propercloth.com/fabrics/teto...nnel-1486.html
            or
            https://propercloth.com/fabrics/canc...inen-2009.html
            or perhaps
            https://propercloth.com/fabrics/canc...nnel-1855.html

All fine fabrics. Middle one is summer weight. First and last winter.
            I would call those all casual shirt materials (flannel and linen). A linen-cotton can sometimes look passable as a proper dress shirt, but not that 100% linen olive number from Proper Cloth. It's also not exactly dark green either.

Comment

Just for fun, here are the results on Kamakura's site when you search their Tokyo Slim Fit shirts for green. Quite the selection, however none are exactly dark.

Comment

What do you want a dark green dress short for?

Comment

Originally posted by ryn View Post
                  That's the real question...but I just decided not to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by ryn View Post
                    He's a natty leprechaun, I'm sure of it.

OP, if this is for a specific occasion, you may want (or even have) to settle for something lower quality. A search on shopstyle for "green dress shirt" turns up a lot of options from Van Heusen, Apt. 9, Chaps, etc. Best of luck with your search.

Comment

Originally posted by Spex View Post

I would call those all casual shirt materials (flannel and linen). A linen-cotton can sometimes look passable as a proper dress shirt, but not that 100% linen olive number from Proper Cloth. It's also not exactly dark green either.
                      You are right.. When I read dark green shirt I glossed over dress and substituted "sport" in my head. Why the heck would you want a dark green dress shirt?

Comment

I have a dark green (think Oakland A's green) OCBD that, I believe, my sister got me for Christmas a few years ago. Even as a casual shirt, I find it nearly impossible to pair with anything. It is a jeans-only shirt for me, and even then I rarely ever wear it.

Comment

If that proper cloth linen was as dark as navy, I could see it hiding sweat and being good under a summer khaki suit

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post
                            If that proper cloth linen was as dark as navy, I could see it hiding sweat and being good under a summer khaki suit
                            I'll agree with this idea. Still doesn't mean it would be a "dress shirt" though.

Comment

Working...
                            X