Need help picking out a boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help picking out a boot

It's coming up on that time. I am looking for a boot that I can wear with jeans or chinos. I have had a bit of an obsession with wolverine 1000 miles for a while now but I always see them with jeans. I pretty much only wear jeans on the weekend and would like a boot I can wear to work occasionally in a business casual environment. I pretty much wear chinos and a dress shirt or ocbd all week.

And I have some Clarks so not going with that. I don't mind a chukka but it would be more on the dress side that the Clarks. And I want smooth, cap, or maybe moccasin toe.

I saw these at jcrew and liked the look but haven't done any research on the quality. At that price I have several options I think.

https://www.jcrew.com/p/C8867?color_name=chestnut

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I have the same Kenton boots in Suede from last year, so can't speak to the leather quality. But, I really love the looks and its surprisingly comfortable. I would suggest waiting for a sale and sizing down at least 1/2 size. Will definitely work with jeans and chinos, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ashwin View Post
      I have the same Kenton boots in Suede from last year, so can't speak to the leather quality. But, I really love the looks and its surprisingly comfortable. I would suggest waiting for a sale and sizing down at least 1/2 size. Will definitely work with jeans and chinos, imo.
      good info, thanks

Comment

I was about to post this same question. Specifically in my case, I'm wondering what people's take is on the new AE Higgins Mill boot. Really like the look of it, but wonder if people think it could be work in a business casual work environment with chinos and OCBD or other button-down shirt or with a sweater/casual blazer in the colder months. Seems to be slightly sleeker than the 1000 Mile profile.

Comment

Stafford Gunner or Stafford Deacon. Priced nice and they hold up well. $70 at the moment, but will drop to $60 at least 100x/year. lol
          I know I mention them all the time, but Timberland Wodehouse chukkas are my favorite. Pricey, like AE pricey
          We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
            I was about to post this same question. Specifically in my case, I'm wondering what people's take is on the new AE Higgins Mill boot. Really like the look of it, but wonder if people think it could be work in a business casual work environment with chinos and OCBD or other button-down shirt or with a sweater/casual blazer in the colder months. Seems to be slightly sleeker than the 1000 Mile profile.
            In case you didn't see this, Joe reviewed the boot a couple weeks back. The brown looks like something you could wear in a business casual work environment.

https://dappered.com/2016/08/in-revi...ngs-mill-boot/

Comment

And check the AE shoe bank for the Higgins Mill, there were a bunch of color options in my size (9.5D) for around $200

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                Stafford Gunner or Stafford Deacon. Priced nice and they hold up well. $70 at the moment, but will drop to $60 at least 100x/year. lol
                I know I mention them all the time, but Timberland Wodehouse chukkas are my favorite. Pricey, like AE pricey
                I might give the Deacon a shot this year. It's been growing on me and gets tons of love on this site. How long have you had yours?

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                  I might give the Deacon a shot this year. It's been growing on me and gets tons of love on this site. How long have you had yours?
                  I have the precursor to the Deacon, and have had them for 2-3 years at this point. They were the first pair of boots I've ever had and have been great for a cheap pair of boots. I wear them mostly during the cold weather months, but they do get year-round wear.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                    Over a year, and they have held up well. I wear them all the time in the fall and winter. I love them, as they are perfect fir for my feet
                    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                      And check the AE shoe bank for the Higgins Mill, there were a bunch of color options in my size (9.5D) for around $200
                      GREAT TIP! There was a shoe in my size (not telling what, I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it yet!)

On another note, would the natural be too casual for business casual? Could you wear it casually with an unconstructed blazer and chinos?

Comment

If you have a local J. Crew Factory Outlet, check them for those Kenton Pacer boots. Mine had them on clearance, came down to around $75.

I recently bought a pair of Gasolina Dapper boots, ostensibly for riding my motorcycle, but they're pulling double duty in the office for me as well. Here's a few pics comparing them to my Alden 403's. The Gasolinas are handmade in Mexico, Goodyear welted, and made to your size for $250.

Gratuitous pseudo-action shot.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyNG View Post
                          GREAT TIP! There was a shoe in my size (not telling what, I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it yet!)

On another note, would the natural be too casual for business casual? Could you wear it casually with an unconstructed blazer and chinos?
                          I have a pair of the Clark Streets in natural chromexal. If the Higgins is similar then I would suggest going with the brown instead, it's far more versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                            I have the precursor to the Deacon, and have had them for 2-3 years at this point. They were the first pair of boots I've ever had and have been great for a cheap pair of boots. I wear them mostly during the cold weather months, but they do get year-round wear.
                            Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                            Over a year, and they have held up well. I ge them all the time in the fall and winter. I love them, as they are perfect fir for my feet
                            Thank you both for your experiences! I think I'll pick up a pair this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                              If you have a local J. Crew Factory Outlet, check them for those Kenton Pacer boots. Mine had them on clearance, came down to around $75.

I recently bought a pair of Gasolina Dapper boots, ostensibly for riding my motorcycle, but they're pulling double duty in the office for me as well. Here's a few pics comparing them to my Alden 403's. The Gasolinas are handmade in Mexico, Goodyear welted, and made to your size for $250.

Gratuitous pseudo-action shot.

I really like those Kenton Pacer boots, but I e never seen them at my local JCF. I'd buy them in a heartbeat if they were.

Comment

Working...
                              X