Where can I find a jacket like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find a jacket like this?

I'm looking for a light jacket kind-of sort-of like this, preferably under $200. It doesn't have to be in black.

http://www.parkandbond.com/product/91658875

$400 seems way over the top for that, especially since the buttons look so cheap! Basically, I'm looking for something blazer-ish without being a blazer, maybe military-ish but not. Fitted, not loose. I guess I'm looking for the holy grail of jackets.... casual enough for jeans and sneakers, dressy enough for a button down and shoes on a casual first date (think happy hour drinks, not fine dining).

If it helps: I'm 5'10, 145 pounds (ok, probably closer to 140). I'd be looking for this in a small or medium.

I googled "worker jacket" and it came back with this.

Comment

Yikes. That's definitely not what I'm looking for. I realize the Varvatos jacket is called a "Worker Jacket" but the name doesn't matter. I'm looking for something a bit more like this at BR or this from Varvatos. That Banana Republic jacket could be temping if it came in other colors. I'm too pale for such a light color.

Comment

I kinda like that Asos one... knockoffs of traditional French worker jackets similar to that Asos one have become trendy and are sold by fashion designers for around $400.

Comment

Stick with a casual blazer, you can definitely wear it with jeans and sneakers. These examples are some pretty ugly coats.

Comment

FWIW, T2ohoh, the two you listed are really very different from each other.

Comment

How about this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-wi...ht_1210wt_1413

Comment

Maybe I'll have to give a blazer a try. I don't know. The sport coat look doesn't look right on me (unless it's a suit jacket as part of a suit of course). I'm hoping for something with a kind of similar shape, but more than just two buttons up the front.

This one from H&M looks great in photos, but I've seen it in person and it's made to always look intentionally wrinkled (even says so in the description). But I like the shape of the jacket. Something somewhere in between this and the Varvatos would make me really happy. Something fitted rather than bulky.

I'm looking for something city, not country.

Comment

Working...
                X