Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Fall Printed Zip-Up Anorak. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Fall Printed Zip-Up Anorak. Thoughts?

I know it's still hot out but as a New Yorker i'm already starting to buy my Fall Outerwear in preparation for the cold and stumbled upon this interesting Printed Zip-Up Anorak. What are your thoughts on this piece? Does it looks cool or kinda weird?

Jacket link: https://www.jachsny.com/collections/...s/j16c-866-m01

Not my cup of tea I'd say. For fall I usually just end up layering with sweaters or lightweight jackets. In the winter I stick to my J Crew Dock peacoat. If the weather is extremely poor I bust out my triclimate north face.

Comment

I think I'd prefer it if it were hair solid. It's too muted to be interesting but too busy to be classy

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way, but that's horrible Anything printed... ewww

Comment

I actually really like prints, especially tone-on-tone florals like this one. (Though I don't really wear them much... I think I only own one, a dark blue short-sleeved shirt.)

I don't love this jacket because of the elastic cuffs. Also, not sure why they call it an anorak when it is clearly not. (An anorak is a pullover style jacket.) I'd probably have to see this one in-person and know whether it fits like a garbage bag or not before I could endorse it.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            Also, not sure why they call it an anorak when it is clearly not. (An anorak is a pullover style jacket.) I'd probably have to see this one in-person and know whether it fits like a garbage bag or not before I could endorse it.
            I thought this too and then I looked it up; apparently an anorak is just a hooded jacket that covers the hips.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anorak
            Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
            Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
            --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
              I thought this too and then I looked it up; apparently an anorak is just a hooded jacket that covers the hips.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anorak
              Right below they show the "full definition": a usually pullover hooded jacket long enough to cover the hips

I don't understand why designers/retailers feel the need to bend the meaning of words like this. This is clearly not a traditionally-defined anorak. Designers being so loose with definitions is why they end up so diluted and borderline meaningless. I can buy a collared hip length jacket with hacking pockets sold as a Harrington or a bomber or maybe even a moto jacket and it's really none of those.

Comment

Might not be Liked by many of the Dappered visitors, but I think it's cool. Got the whole street style vibe. Dark grey Henley, olive or forest green pants/jeans, and some brown boots. Nice jacket
                We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

I don't think it's terrible, but fine to be paired with a SW&D type of outfit.

Comment

Working...
                  X