X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you win the AE chelseas

I'm a 9.5B, thanks for helping.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Ha ha! This makes me wonder though about how many people participate in these giveaways. Are my chances like winning the lottery or is it a matter of time before it's "my turn" to get selected?

Comment

Originally posted by MaitreTea View Post
      Ha ha! This makes me wonder though about how many people participate in these giveaways. Are my chances like winning the lottery or is it a matter of time before it's "my turn" to get selected?
      Well it's never "your turn" or "my turn" or anyone else's. It's random every time. They don't have a pool of names they pare down each time.

I know I'm buying the damn things this fall soon as they have a sale on them. Win or not, I'll have a pair in the closet soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
        Well it's never "your turn" or "my turn" or anyone else's. It's random every time. They don't have a pool of names they pare down each time.

I know I'm buying the damn things this fall soon as they have a sale on them. Win or not, I'll have a pair in the closet soon enough.
        Would certainly go nice alongside my Daltons. If they go on sale I'm scooping them up. Too bad I need to focus on buying ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Chorney View Post
          Would certainly go nice alongside my Daltons. If they go on sale I'm scooping them up. Too bad I need to focus on buying ammo.

I just scored 3 pounds of H335 and several hundreds of Hornady 52BTHP and 75BTHP. I'm off for a week, so it's time to get some closet units built (renovating the master) and many hundreds of plinking (52) and match (75) rounds for the ARs loaded up.

Comment

I was at an AE store in NY this weekend and saw them. The manager was trying to sell me the suede ones but they didn't have any more in the store. He offered to sell them to me for like ~$360 and that would have been the same for the walnut calfskin if I wanted. I seriously thought about picking them up right then but I'm not sure yet if I want walnut or the suede so I wan't to compare the two side by side first.

Comment

I'm sorry [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] but if I win them they will immediately go on my feet

Comment

Back in the days (years ago) when you had to post a comment to enter any of these giveaways, there would be upwards of 1,000 comments.

So... yeah. MAY THE ODDS BE NEVER IN YOUR FAVOR.
                Ben

Comment

Has anyone here in the threads ever won the drawings?

Comment

Not me. I used to apply for every single one. Now I miss some every now and then if it's something that doesn't interest me.

Comment

I have applied for every single one over the past 3 years....and won exactly zero of them.

Comment

I've applied for lots and never won. Those are some nice-looking boots, though!

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                          Has anyone here in the threads ever won the drawings?
                          I once won a slickdeals giveaway and I guess the odds on that one are pretty bad too. worth a shot. never won a dappered giveaway though

Comment

In reading other forums, I've noticed there are a lot of people that read dappered.com, but do not post in (or possibly even read) the forums.

And that's not counting bots and people who do nothing but enter contests. I think the number of people entering is much larger than we would think.

Comment

We also have a number of active registered lurkers. I sold to two members recently who had never posted, and the accounts weren't brand new.

Comment

Working...
                              X