Good shoes for walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the reviews in NewYork times

"Many guides, like Michael Furillo of Tauck, prefer Timberland. (Geox, Mephisto and Clarks are also popular.)

Paul Wormsbaecher, who leads tours for Trafalgar in Germany, Austria, Hungary and the Czech Republic, said his favorite Clarks style is the Aston Mind loafer because it’s light and has a no-slip rubber base."
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, I have been looking around to see what is available. I also read somewhere that my wear pattern on my shoes( they're worn very unevenly) could be fixed with arch supports, so hopefully that will help my shoes last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
        One of the reviews in NewYork times

"Many guides, like Michael Furillo of Tauck, prefer Timberland. (Geox, Mephisto and Clarks are also popular.)

Paul Wormsbaecher, who leads tours for Trafalgar in Germany, Austria, Hungary and the Czech Republic, said his favorite Clarks style is the Aston Mind loafer because it’s light and has a no-slip rubber base."
        What kind of guides are they? I was thinking hiking, but the Aston Mind doesn't seem right for the Alps.

Comment

Just an update. I bought some AE Wilberts on eBay for much less than I expected. Thanks for your help everyone.

Comment

the traditional crepe rubber sole on the most typical chukkas are very very soft, and bad for walking if you want your shoes to last more than a year.

I would suggest that you might want one with more dense rubber sole.

Comment

Working...
            X