Shoe Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoe Care

How often do you guys clean/polish your shoes? Do you just go by how dirty they become or does anyone have a schedule?
    Oral B.

it depends on how often you wear them really. i wear mine about once a week and polish about once every other month, so maybe every 8 wears. or whenever it looks like it needs it. not unusual for me to pull my stuff out to wear for the next day, notice a bit of scuff and take out the horse hair brush to give a bit of a scrubbing.

Comment

Also depends on where you live. Here in San Diego where is apparently stopped raining for ever my shoes don't get that dirty so in fact I just wipe them down every two weeks or so and condition/polish about every other month or once a quarter.

Comment

During warmer months, my shoes go through a bi weekly care. Polish and Condition. Mostly because I only have about 4-5 pairs I rotate on a weekly basis. And because I wear hard on my shoes as a heavy stepping flat footed person who works 9-10 hours a day. (Loafers and tennis shoes not withstanding-I tend to lean towards more dressed at work) And because I live in a really dry and hot climate I really like making sure the leather is taken care of with regular use. Its been nice like this, with the exceptions of my Warwicks which are new this year, All of my shoes I've had for 2+ years and they are just starting to show creasing from use.

During colder months I rotate Boots that I have and wear those more often and those I put on the same cycle of two weeks since it has a tendency to snow alot here and theres a ton of salt in the water and a ton of it is used to clear the roads here. Sometimes depending on the weather and how often I'm out, I might make that a weekly thing just to make sure to staining or cracking occurs.

Aside from that, I really just enjoy the process, its satisfying to do, it's kind of a ritual for me that I really look forward to.
        As far as my rotation goes this is what I work with- its smallish, but Its versatile and gets the job done for me.

All AE
        Strand-walnut
        Warwick- bourbon (re-polished them from a walnut to a bourbon over the course of a couple of months)
        Fifth Aves-walnut
        Mora 2.0- bourbon
        and one Finsbury Captoe oxford in a Chocolate brown Suede

Comment

I have them shined when needed, and some colors need it more than others. I find walnut rarely needs to be shined, whereas oxblood needs it frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all!
            Oral B.

Comment

Maybe every few months I go through the rotation? I wear dress shoes everyday and rotate around 3-4 pairs. I don't polish unless they are dirty, lose their shine or have a scuff that needs addressing. I don't see them needing it but a few times a year give my office and work environment.

Comment

Off topic, but can you please post a photo of your "bourbon" Warwick?

Originally posted by Useknifeonly View Post
                During warmer months, my shoes go through a bi weekly care. Polish and Condition. Mostly because I only have about 4-5 pairs I rotate on a weekly basis. And because I wear hard on my shoes as a heavy stepping flat footed person who works 9-10 hours a day. (Loafers and tennis shoes not withstanding-I tend to lean towards more dressed at work) And because I live in a really dry and hot climate I really like making sure the leather is taken care of with regular use. Its been nice like this, with the exceptions of my Warwicks which are new this year, All of my shoes I've had for 2+ years and they are just starting to show creasing from use.

During colder months I rotate Boots that I have and wear those more often and those I put on the same cycle of two weeks since it has a tendency to snow alot here and theres a ton of salt in the water and a ton of it is used to clear the roads here. Sometimes depending on the weather and how often I'm out, I might make that a weekly thing just to make sure to staining or cracking occurs.

Aside from that, I really just enjoy the process, its satisfying to do, it's kind of a ritual for me that I really look forward to.
                As far as my rotation goes this is what I work with- its smallish, but Its versatile and gets the job done for me.

All AE
                Strand-walnut
                Warwick- bourbon (re-polished them from a walnut to a bourbon over the course of a couple of months)
                Fifth Aves-walnut
                Mora 2.0- bourbon
                and one Finsbury Captoe oxford in a Chocolate brown Suede

Comment

I polish my shoes about once every three months but I condition them with Saphir Renovateur once a month as it is very dry here in Colorado.
                  Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Working...
                  X