Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caring for clothes and shoes in the gym locker

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a better system than mine.

I work out every morning before work at the gym behind my home. I go back home to shower and change. Lately, I ve been hitting the gym 2X a day to get some running it at lunch time. Obviously when I go back at lunch, I have to shower and change at the gym and go back to work, and stuff my clothes into a locker.

If I know I am going back at lunch I try to wear simpler clothing, but I can't always do that. I bring shoe trees and hangers, but by the time I get my gym bag in there it's really a very tight fit and my clothes get wrinkled. Also, I don't know if taking my shoes of, treeing them for 40 minutes and then putting them back on is a good for them or not. I've thought about taking two locks and using two lockers but that just seems obnoxious.

How do you keep your clothes in the locker?
    You can never have enough shoes

umm.....ill try my best i guess

i don't think putting them in shoe trees for 40 minutes is bad for them...but not having shoe trees in them for 40 minutes isn't bad either...i'd cut out the shoe trees just to eliminate the bulk

i start by putting my gym back on the floor of the locker in case there's any grime/dirt in the locker. then i neatly fold my pants and put it on top of that. then i do the same for my blazer. shoes in shoe bag go on top of that, then shirt goes on top of that, but not as neatly folded, just arranged to minimize wrinkles.

Comment

Do you have your own office? If so, I'd leave as many items there as possible. I used to keep an extra white dress shirt in my work office just incase I spilled or it was an uncomfortably hot day. Then just pair down a bit heading right to the gym for lunch. Or maybe invest in a portable steamer for the office to hit spots on pants, etc.

As [MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] said I'd leave the shoe trees out ... no need for just 40 mins.

Comment

[MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] [MENTION=13934]hockeysc23[/MENTION] thanks for your replies. I don't have a "personal" office, just a cube, but bringing a folded shirt to change into is a great idea. That way all I have to worry about are my pants not wrinkling. As far as shoes are concerned, I be always heard they should be in trees right after they come if your feet, so that's why I've been bringing trees in my gym bag.

Comment

I use the hooks a lot. Shoes on the bottom of the locker, socks inside (forget the trees, that is insanity). Pants hung by belt loop on side hook, shirt/tie/sweater/waistcoat hung from the opposite hook. Underwear tossed in without thought. I leave jackets in my car if it isnt too cold.

I keep my bag with me while working out because it has my notebook, straps, belt, wraps, etc.

Comment

If its a half size locker, shoes in gym bag on the bottom with socks streched out ontop of shoes. Underwear in bag too. Shaving kit and belt in bag besides shoes. Folded pants on top of bag. Blazer folded loosely ontop of that. Shirt folded ontop of that with tie on top.

If its a full sized locker, and its not my club (Ie my personal permanent locker), Bag with shoes and everything else the same. Pants, and jacket hung up on one hanger, shirt on another, tie ontop of bag.

If its my permanent locker, I've installed cubbies for multiple pairs of shoes (Golf, Tennis, Dress, lounge) along with shelves for toiletries and kick-nacks running one side height wise. Other side bag goes on bottom, everything else hangs on hangers.

Forget the shoe trees. Madness.

Comment

When I used to workout at a gym, I also used to take a mason jar with baking powder to open up in the locker and a couple of dryer sheets to It really helped if I had to use a locker that was funky
              We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by whereismurder View Post
                I use the hooks a lot. Shoes on the bottom of the locker, socks inside (forget the trees, that is insanity). Pants hung by belt loop on side hook, shirt/tie/sweater/waistcoat hung from the opposite hook. Underwear tossed in without thought. I leave jackets in my car if it isnt too cold.

I keep my bag with me while working out because it has my notebook, straps, belt, wraps, etc.
                I can't believe I didn't think of this before. Carrying the actual gym bag with me leaves the locker 1/2 empty. I won't have a problem with hanging clothes this way.

Comment

Most golds do not allow gym bags on the gym floor. FYI. But then again people should rerack their weights and don't so lol

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                    Most golds do not allow gym bags on the gym floor. FYI. But then again people should rerack their weights and don't so lol
                    24HR Doesn't seem to mind. ....And when people do re-rack it's usually on the wrong slot anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJ83 View Post
                      24HR Doesn't seem to mind. ....And when people do re-rack it's usually on the wrong slot anyway.
                      Seconded for the lax rules at 24 Hour. It all depends on who's working, though. I just try to keep out of the way and haven't had any troubles.

Comment

Working...
                      X