Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this shirt?

http://bit.ly/HflcWR

Charles Tyrwhitt button down with pocket contemporary polo shirt, long sleeve with cuffs

I'm really liking the look of these. Kind of like the Kent Wang ones, but I like these better and they're cheaper. Still pricey at $79 though.

I like it, has that clean look. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

I like it for casual wear. It's the same sort of look I get when I layer a henley over a polo shirt.

Ben

Comment

Don't like it, it just doesn't look right in my opinion.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

I feel like it's the bastard child of a polo shirt and an OCBD. And not in a good way. Even the name of the shirt makes me feel awkward. Then again, I rarely buy anything that's too crazy and mainly stick to the basics.

Comment

Bastard children need love too, you know

Comment

weird. I like it.

Comment

Fair point, but I will always give them the last name Snow.

Comment

It's the kind of thing I could have one of, but it doesnt draw me in. I would probably keep it if someone gave me one, but I can't see myself ever paying money for one. Also, is it just me or does it seem abnormally long? Tucking may be a requirement.

Comment

I kinda like it....but not for 80$

Comment

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/men's-casualwear/men's-polo-shirts/Navy-long-sleeve-pima-polo-shirt-?q=gbpdefault||JD002NAV|||||||||||||#

It's currently listed on their UK site at 39.95 GBP.

I don't know about their freight charges, but this is a better price than from the US site, since, even tho the $US has gone to hell (which I why I can afford to shop the sales!), it's still tracking at better than 2:1 to the GBP.

I've usually found that the UK sites and shopping in GBP are better at CT and TM Lewin than relying on their translation / conversion from GBP to my local currency (Aus$).

(For dedicated international shoppers, monitoring the currency markets is essential. Last night the Aus$ and US$ were close to parity, based on lower coal sales from Australia to China indicating a possible slowing of the Chinese economy. Aus$ was trading in the low 60's pence, so a rough conversion in my head would be a little weaker than $1.50 to 1GBP. That would make GBP 39.95 around Aus / US $62 or $63).

Comment

Just remember that some banks charge fee's for converting currency, as well.

Comment

I like it, but I can't help but feel it looks like something that is faux-layered. It's like the classy, socially acceptable cousin of the jeans with 3 inches of boxers sewn at the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X