Gap High Stretch Jeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap High Stretch Jeans

I went for the discount on the Gap HIGH stretch jeans that were highlighted this week. They just came in. I like them, though they are a bit slim/skinny. But the price was right, regardless.

My question is this: How do these compare to the BR traveler? Never took that leap, so I'm looking for someone who might have a good point of reference for comparing the two. Actually--I've never tried any stretch jean, so maybe I am just totally clueless here. Would appreciate any feedback.

Please?

Can anybody help? Are my jeggings cool? Thanks

Comment

Hey there. I just took the plunge on both the GAP and the BR traveler, and both arrived last week.
      I got the GAP for $40, and the Traveler for ~$80.
      After comparing both, I'm keeping the Traveler.
      That said, both are very good, and I thought the GAP model was very stretchy and fit and felt great.
      In the end, I liked that the Traveler didn't have contrasting stitching, and was a bit darker indigo, so I felt they were dressier and more different from my dark wash Levi's.
      The fabric felt a bit better and they fit a little better as well, but that will vary person to person.
      I will say, for half price, the GAP provides an incredible value, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending them to anyone. I just felt those small details on the Traveler made them worth it, but that won't be the case for many.

Comment

I just got a pair of the BR Travelers on sale. Has anybody tried wearing these (or the Gap ones) during the summer? They have a pretty high polyester content. They seem nice, but I put mine away until the fall because I figure they'll be hellish to wear when it's hot & humid out. Regular jeans are bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SD_Trojan View Post
          Hey there. I just took the plunge on both the GAP and the BR traveler, and both arrived last week.
          I got the GAP for $40, and the Traveler for ~$80.
          After comparing both, I'm keeping the Traveler.
          That said, both are very good, and I thought the GAP model was very stretchy and fit and felt great.
          In the end, I liked that the Traveler didn't have contrasting stitching, and was a bit darker indigo, so I felt they were dressier and more different from my dark wash Levi's.
          The fabric felt a bit better and they fit a little better as well, but that will vary person to person.
          I will say, for half price, the GAP provides an incredible value, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending them to anyone. I just felt those small details on the Traveler made them worth it, but that won't be the case for many.
          Really helpful! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dappertert View Post
            I just got a pair of the BR Travelers on sale. Has anybody tried wearing these (or the Gap ones) during the summer? They have a pretty high polyester content. They seem nice, but I put mine away until the fall because I figure they'll be hellish to wear when it's hot & humid out. Regular jeans are bad enough.
            That was also a concern of mine. It feels "heavier" even though the fabric itself is thinner than a lot of other denim that I own.

Comment

I Like gap tee shirts but not fan of gap jeans and I fully agree with [MENTION=15463]SD_Trojan[/MENTION]
              Eat what is good for your health but
              Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Haven't worn mine yet, as it's been really hot. Keeping the stretch jeans in my closet until true fall weather and wearing shorts and summerweight chinos until then.

Comment

I've worn my travelers a few nights these past few weeks when it cooled off. Love them so far. They were pretty warm and comfortable even with the ocean breeze here. Definitely going to stick to my summer weight pants during the days though.

Comment

I have several pairs of the BR Travelers, and I've been wearing them all summer, but I'm not so good yet at modifying my wardrobe to suit the seasons. They're hot, but the last two months everything has been hot. I don't think they're worse than any other jeans as far as I can tell.

I also tried to buy a pair of the gap stretch jeans after the recent recommendation. I ultimately ordered and tried on three pairs and none of them fit. I think I need a 35, and they don't make a 35. Still, I can say that the fabric felt tougher--albeit a little coarser--than the BRs, and that they seemed well built. They also seemed to have a slightly higher rise, which I appreciated. I agree with a previous poster that the contrasting stitching put them more--for me--in casual territory. I don't think they'd dress up as well. Still, if I get my weight down another 15 pounds or so I'd give them another try.

Comment

If you're looking for something in the middle, I just got two pair of the American Eagle straight cut "extreme flex" jeans that were featured on here a couple of weeks back. I love them. The material looks good and is fairly light and breathable, much more so than regular denim. I've worn them on some brutally hot days in the last week and been reasonably comfortable. The sale price was $42. We'll see how they hold up over time, but so far I'm thrilled with my purchase.

Comment

Working...
                      X