who knows socks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who knows socks?

A few of you have mentioned socks on here a handful of times. I love to use socks to integrate more color and patterns, but I have a difficult time finding ones that I really like. I also have a difficult time with the thought of spending $30/pair of Paul Smith socks. I've found great ones at Gap, etc but they are few and far between I think.

Anyone have a good sock tip?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

They don't have them online, but Target stores have a nice, albeit not huge, selection of argyle socks for $2.50 a pair by their in-house brand Merona.

Comment

Definitely a tough one that I've been trying to figure out. Target can have some, J. Crew has some good ones, look for a sale or the outlet. Happy Socks has colors and designs but are never cheap but come up on GiltMan and at Nordstrom Rack. Have found a pair at a thrift store.

Comment

Keep an eye on Express. They'll often have "4 for $25" sales on socks and their colored argyles are quite nice.

Watch flash sale sites while they're still around. I've picked up socks from both Gilt and Last Call by NM recently.

Comment

I've gotten quite a few at www.sockdreams.com. A lot of what they carry would be deemed lady socks, but they offer a lot of men's socks as well. My best argyle and rugby stripe socks came from them.

Comment

I have to agree that Target is the first place you should go to. They have a nice selection of Merona socks for $2.50 a pair and a great 3-pack for $5. For $20-30, you can pretty much cover all your basic sock needs.

After Target, I would head to Express to augment your collection with some that have a different color palate or patterns. As Peter said, wait for a sale.

Lastly, Macys has a line of Tommy Hilfiger socks that I have recently picked and liked. I think they are like $6 a pair but they are well made and have some attractive ones.

Comment

i get a lot of my socks, online and on sale, from urban outfitters. lots of wacky patterns and prints, which is my thing. i love em. and the TSA guys and gals at airport security always get a thrill out of them and pass me on through with no hassles ever. i guess terrorists don't wear funky stuff to cover their tootsies.

Comment

Target's socks are cheap and they usually have a variety of patterns. Several times I have caught them phasing out certain designs and picked up pairs under $1 each. They won't last quite as long but for the price it's worth the investment.

Macy's store brand Club Room isn't too bad either; you can usually get 3 pairs for around $12.

Also, if you have a Nordstrom Rack/TJ Maxx/etc nearby you can stock up on the basics and occasionally find some fun ones. N.Rack usually stocks Happy Socks.

Comment

The other day I was walking around Macy's and noticed a clearance rack in the socks department. I had a $10 off $30 purchase coupon. At the end I got 15 pairs of socks for $19.87 including an additional 20% off for using my Macy's card. All the socks were argyle, striped, or patterned. Check what they have at Macy's because amazing deals can be found. The cheapest were 74 cents and the most expensive were 2.50 and they were all RL, CK, Tommy Hilfiger, or club room.

Comment

Working...
                  X