Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dappered.com's Steal Alert: Gustin Briefcases

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dappered.com's Steal Alert: Gustin Briefcases

    "...returns? Troublesome if not impossible. They don’t carry a bunch of inventory (due to the model) so they’re not keen on throwing returns back onto shelves. They can try to do an exchange or offer store credit, but it’s best to consider everything final sale. So this is far from risk free."

    Found this to be rather off. That may have been the case a few years back, but it's far from the case now. They have a stock store now, so they can put the returns up on their stock store, and sell them at a slight premium for not having to wait. So you can do returns pretty easily, and for full refund, not just store credit, granted you bought with a credit card and not with store credit, obv. Sometimes they say exchange or store credit, but if you ask for a full refund, they'll give it to you. I haven't had a single return denied, whether it was shirts/denim/chinos/or shoes.

  • #2
    Not only that, but you're a lot less likely to have an issue with a briefcase than, say, underestimating the value of the word "slim" in a shirt. I'm veeeery close to pulling the trigger on that Horween #8 model personally, but something about a (very young) jeans company making a briefcase just isn't sitting right with me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by skewl View Post
      Not only that, but you're a lot less likely to have an issue with a briefcase than, say, underestimating the value of the word "slim" in a shirt. I'm veeeery close to pulling the trigger on that Horween #8 model personally, but something about a (very young) jeans company making a briefcase just isn't sitting right with me.
      I had thought it was an outrageous deal back when gustin emailed me about it, and I was happy to see Joe thought the same way. It's an understated simple bag. it's not too big, which is fine these days with the size of tablet computers and smart phones. I could probably even throw a set of shoes in there on my walk to work.

      I would classify myself as an ultra leather elitist, I can safely say that going out and buying that much of the horween chromexel leather would nearly cost a hundred bucks by itself. Nevermind the pieces of hardware to put it together.

      I had been eyeballing similar saddleback bags which are probably better than this one, but are also a lot more money (maybe $400?), and only a tiny bit better.
      I really don't understand how it's so little money.

      Maybe they're not making any money on it, and they're trying to make a big splash in the man-purse world? Ala tiebar

      Anyhow, i'm fine with not knowing why. If they killed three kittens in a sacrafice to satan himself to make every bag, i think i'll get over it for the price. I'll probably have that bag for the next ten years or until I lose it.

      This was actually by first Gustin Purchase, just FYI. I *just* bought a #8 one about three seconds ago. because why the heck not?

      Comment


      • #4
        I wish I had $200 laying around... I have a bit of a fetish for that #8 Chromexcel...

        Comment


        • #5
          Would it look silly to have a color #8 bag, while wearing a pair of shell color #8 boots and a color #8 belt?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by devastitis View Post
            Would it look silly to have a color #8 bag, while wearing a pair of shell color #8 boots and a color #8 belt?
            it would look silly not to!

            yeah, thought it sounded like a great deal when i saw the email, i do love #8. however, i just bought a briefcase from BR for $100 that i really like.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by devastitis View Post
              Would it look silly to have a color #8 bag, while wearing a pair of shell color #8 boots and a color #8 belt?
              I'd do it! Give me a few weeks and I can hook you up with a #8 NATO strap for your watch!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                it would look silly not to!

                yeah, thought it sounded like a great deal when i saw the email, i do love #8. however, i just bought a briefcase from BR for $100 that i really like.
                Same boat as you -- I have that Expresso/Darker tan finish briefcase from BR that has similar styling to the Gustin brief. I know #8 is a popular color but I'm actually a bigger fan of the BR case's Expresso color.

                I'm on the edge of getting the Gustin still just cause I think it'll last much longer. But who knows right?


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                  I'd do it! Give me a few weeks and I can hook you up with a #8 NATO strap for your watch!
                  I already have a Color #8 nato strap heh =x

                  https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGhDIZgvX0/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                    I already have a Color #8 nato strap heh =x

                    https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGhDIZgvX0/
                    Good lord those are beautiful boots! I'm very jealous!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
                      Same boat as you -- I have that Expresso/Darker tan finish briefcase from BR that has similar styling to the Gustin brief. I know #8 is a popular color but I'm actually a bigger fan of the BR case's Expresso color.

                      I'm on the edge of getting the Gustin still just cause I think it'll last much longer. But who knows right?


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      i actually like the brown with black accents more, it really helps it stand out. only complaint is the lack of structure on the thing. not a big briefcase person but need one atm to lug some books around...who knows maybe i'll become a briefcase person.

                      Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                      I already have a Color #8 nato strap heh =x

                      https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGhDIZgvX0/
                      whoa, you have the exact watch strap/dial combo as me...good tastes!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                        Good lord those are beautiful boots! I'm very jealous!
                        Thank you! They're my favorite boots that I own. I think everyone should own a pair.

                        http://imgur.com/a/so9ns

                        [MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION]: I'd have to say you have good tastes as well

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thoughts on the formality of the briefcase? Sorry for the very basic question but I am not up to speed fully on briefcases at this point in my life though am considering this one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You're right, the materials alone are worth the price. This makes me wonder about where they saved money though: cheap thread? Polyester layering in stress points? Lets face it, this is probably not going to carry 100lbs of bricks every day so even if they did skimp on making it bulletproof like Saddleback we may never know. It's a damn fine looking thing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pmestrad View Post
                              Thoughts on the formality of the briefcase? Sorry for the very basic question but I am not up to speed fully on briefcases at this point in my life though am considering this one.
                              I'd say this is as versatile as it gets for all but the most formal of business occasions, especially in the darker hues.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X