No announcement yet.

Dappered.com's Steal Alert: Gustin Briefcases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is scheduled to be delivered today. I'll try to get some photos up in the next day or two with my first impressions.

Comment

Here are a few photos. I ordered the CXL #8. Love the color. The leather is very thick and stands up well. The strap is fantastic and the zipper seems very solid. I'll post a follow up in another week or so after I get a chance to use it.

Comment

mine will be here in 6 hours or so.

Comment

I'd love to see how those age. Chromexcel seems to scuff very easily (though they rub out easily too).

Comment

So upset with myself for not acting on this. That bag is beautiful...

Comment

Ohhhh man i love this! I feel like their marketing pics didn't even do it any justice.

Th hardware is enormously overbuilt, and the leather is super thick, and super buttery.

As a leather nerd I have some major apreesh for this bag.

I made an imgur folder for pics of it. They are here:
              http://imgur.com/a/qWAaN

Last edited by evanparker; September 22, 2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Man... those are NICE looking! I love that color way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                  Ohhhh man i love this! I feel like their marketing pics didn't even do it any justice.

Th hardware is enormously overbuilt, and the leather is super thick, and super buttery.

As a leather nerd I have some major apreesh for this bag.

I made an imgur folder for pics of it. They are here:
                  http://imgur.com/a/qWAaN

Yep. I'm pretty astonished at how great the leather is. And the hardware is fantastic. I still can't believe the price on this briefcase. They could charge twice as much and it would be a good deal. (Don't tell them I said that.)

Comment

My big question was "is it big enough to put a pair of shoes in?". I commonly motorcycle in to work and bring my work shoes in a backpack.

And the answer is YES. As long as you're not over a size 12.

Pictured: AE MacNeils, in Burgundy Horween shell cordovan, In a bag that is #8 colored Horween Chromexel leather.

Comment

My big question was "is it big enough to put a pair of shoes in?". I commonly motorcycle in to work and bring my work shoes in a backpack.

And the answer is YES. As long as you're not over a size 12.

Pictured: AE MacNeils, in Burgundy Horween shell cordovan, In a bag that is #8 colored Horween Chromexel leather.
                      Outstanding! Now you just need the Gustin motorcycle jacket in CXL #8.

Comment

oh man, that looks handsewn in all the right places! Not sure on the zipper, but all the stress points! Yeah that should have cost a loooot more.

Comment

picture after a few months of every day use.

Comment

picture after a few months of every day use.
                            Wow. That looks a lot better than I would've expected it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is pretty awesome. Those look great.

Comment

haha they have them back now!

they're now $249 instead of $199. i'm not surprised at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X