Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dappered.com's Steal Alert: Gustin Briefcases

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    If I didn't already have their Filson knockoff that I got for a cool Benjamin during their Black Friday sale, I'd probably back this one.

    https://www.weargustin.com/store/1475

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Carl View Post
      I'd say this is as versatile as it gets for all but the most formal of business occasions, especially in the darker hues.
      Hard to think of a formal occasion where you'd be expected to have a briefcase where this wouldn't work in the dark colors (particularly the #8; the nut brown looks somewhat distressed?).

      My issue is that it probably doesn't hold enough for me, but that's in part due to the fact that I use a large Saddleback classic for my daily briefcase. I almost always have my work laptop, plus some papers, notepad, umbrella, as well as a myriad of other junk in my briefcase. It's effectively my man-purse for workdays. It isn't sleek, but I've gotten many-a-compliment on the bag itself--as well as comments on my shoulder strength / back misalignment from it.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
        Hard to think of a formal occasion where you'd be expected to have a briefcase where this wouldn't work in the dark colors (particularly the #8; the nut brown looks somewhat distressed?).

        My issue is that it probably doesn't hold enough for me, but that's in part due to the fact that I use a large Saddleback classic for my daily briefcase. I almost always have my work laptop, plus some papers, notepad, umbrella, as well as a myriad of other junk in my briefcase. It's effectively my man-purse for workdays. It isn't sleek, but I've gotten many-a-compliment on the bag itself--as well as comments on my shoulder strength / back misalignment from it.
        Lol, its true. The Saddleback bags weigh a lot on their own! I ended up getting a Custom Hyde bag for the exact reasons you describe, plus they have an option for a built-in umbrella holder! The double or even triple gusseted bags are better for guys like us who carry an office on our shoulder.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Scofield View Post
          i actually like the brown with black accents more, it really helps it stand out. only complaint is the lack of structure on the thing. not a big briefcase person but need one atm to lug some books around...who knows maybe i'll become a briefcase person.
          Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but how bad is the lack of structure on that BR briefcase? People seem to complain about it but that bag seems like it might otherwise be perfect for grad school + part-time job in business dress if it's manageable.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by sagehen5 View Post
            Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but how bad is the lack of structure on that BR briefcase? People seem to complain about it but that bag seems like it might otherwise be perfect for grad school + part-time job in business dress if it's manageable.
            it can't stand on it's own and it makes it hard to put books in for me. i still like it and use it regularly.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by sagehen5 View Post
              Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but how bad is the lack of structure on that BR briefcase? People seem to complain about it but that bag seems like it might otherwise be perfect for grad school + part-time job in business dress if it's manageable.
              Like others have said, it doesn't stand on its own. No structure even to the edges and corners, which means things will move around more freely inside. Structurally it's more like a tote bag, but with very rectangular dimensions so it looks like a briefcase. However not to say that it's flimsy -- the leather is really nice and overall it has decent hardware.

              On the other hand; I had a 13" laptop, huge thick textbook (think IT Cert prep book), 2 T-shirts, and several different chargers in it today; and the bag still had room to spare. I'm glad I made the purchase, but I'm also a big fan of the lighter brown color


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
                Like others have said, it doesn't stand on its own. No structure even to the edges and corners, which means things will move around more freely inside. Structurally it's more like a tote bag, but with very rectangular dimensions so it looks like a briefcase. However not to say that it's flimsy -- the leather is really nice and overall it has decent hardware.

                On the other hand; I had a 13" laptop, huge thick textbook (think IT Cert prep book), 2 T-shirts, and several different chargers in it today; and the bag still had room to spare. I'm glad I made the purchase, but I'm also a big fan of the lighter brown color


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                another point in its favor...it's got a bit more room than most briefcases without showing so in its size. as mentioned i use it to lug books around and i can fit quit a bit in there (work laptop, books, lunch and thermos with room to spare)

                Comment


                • #23
                  The CXL #8 one completed funding today. Can't wait to get mine.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by goodwillhinton View Post
                    The CXL #8 one completed funding today. Can't wait to get mine.
                    But wait! There's more!

                    Another offering is up. You'll have to wait for that to fund for them to begin production on the cxl #8 bag.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                      But wait! There's more!

                      Another offering is up. You'll have to wait for that to fund for them to begin production on the cxl #8 bag.
                      Is that based upon your experience with Gustin? When I look at my particular order for the briefcase that got 100% funding, it shows "Sept/Oct 2016" as the ship date while the new one shows shipping of "October 2016".

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by goodwillhinton View Post
                        Is that based upon your experience with Gustin? When I look at my particular order for the briefcase that got 100% funding, it shows "Sept/Oct 2016" as the ship date while the new one shows shipping of "October 2016".
                        What I know of Gustin is that they don't do production of individual offerings. They do batch production which includes batch ordering. So they don't order the fabric or leather until all offerings of that fabric or leather is complete. Early to mid October would be a good projection.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Yeah they charged me too! Psyched.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            i just got a notification they made up a shipping label for mine.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              When these come in I'd love to see more pictures. Maybe an inside out one if anyone is willing.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Dun View Post
                                When these come in I'd love to see more pictures. Maybe an inside out one if anyone is willing.
                                I'd love to see any and all pics. Have a feeling I'll be picking one up next time they roll around.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X