Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a color that you don't wear much, but want to wear more of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a color that you don't wear much, but want to wear more of?

I'd recently bought a tie from SuitSupply's outlet and when it arrived, I saw that it had a hint of red in it. Then, it got me thinking that I actually don't have much red in my wardrobe at all. I have a lot of blues, greys, browns, and greens, but red, maroon, and burgundy are something I don't really have much of and I definitely want to try working it more into my outfits.

What are some colors that you guys want to start wearing more?

Cream (would like to get a shirt soon).

Comment

Green, other than 2 ties and one pair of olive chinos I have no green whatsoever. I like the color a lot so I'm at a loss as to why I have nothing green to wear.

Comment

Originally posted by winghus View Post
        Green, other than 2 ties and one pair of olive chinos I have no green whatsoever. I like the color a lot so I'm at a loss as to why I have nothing green to wear.
        That's where I was about a year ago. Since then I have got a forest green grenadine tie, an olive sportscoat, and two green cord trousers. Love me some green.

Comment

Rust/burnt orange.

Comment

i've been trying to suss out how to purple for a while.

I also got a rad Camel overcoat i've been trying to wear for a while and never had success at mostly. It always I have an even more-rad camel sport coat i like to wear but it makes me feel like some kind of old man in a bathrobe...

Comment

Violet. I have a violet tie that I get constant compliments on, and I try to remember to incorporate it into my wardrobe more but usually defer to white and blue.

Comment

Green for me too especially in shirts and jackets. It is a bugger to find even in made to measure though.

Comment

I've noticed that my work wardrobe lately has really been almost exclusively white, blue, and grey with maybe an occasional appearance from pink or lavender. This actually works out quite well because I work in a business casual office that leans pretty heavy to the formal/traditional side of the spectrum (wool trousers, traditional colored dress shirts, and oxford shoes seems to be about the standard). Anyway, I recently purchased two brown sport coats that I am looking forward adding into my rotation once the weather cools down a bit and I would also like to start working in a little bit of red and green to vary things up some.....probably not at the same time though to avoid looking like a Christmas tree

Comment

Pink, brighter shades of blue and deeper/darker reds. But I'm trying to experiment more with different patterns, textures and fabrics now, rather than specific colors. We'll see how that goes ...

Comment

Earlier in the year it was green. Now I have too much green. Hunting green suede boots, green CW watch, olive strap, olive sport coat, olive flannels, numerous olive chinos and wools, ties, socks, and belts.

Comment

Medium sky blue like the United Nations logo background. I have light blue, navy, "true blue", but nothing in between.

Comment

Right now I would say, like others have, green. It is definitely lacking in my wardrobe. Aside from a trucker jacket for the fall all I have that's green is a cheap tie from Tiebar and a Jcrew shirt in a gingham green that I don't wear much.

*EDIT*
                          Somehow forgot to mention my Seiko alpinist watch and the military green NATO strap I rotate in every now and then.

Comment

I want some dark green turtleneck and cardigan; not gonna happen--no space.
                            Realistically I can get some green ties and socks.

Comment

It's not really a color of its own, but for me the answer is probably medium blue. I have plenty of stuff in light blue (dress shirts, summer chinos, summer sweaters), and in darker blue/navy (suits, ties, top coat, winter sweaters, pants) but I want to get more in between stuff. I recently picked up a very nice pair of shorts from JCF in medium blue that I've worn quite a bit, and I just today received some wool pants from Nordstrom in the Britches Torino line in "French blue." I don't like navy very much, so I'm always on the look out for sober, medium blues that I can use instead of navy. For example, I am looking for a medium/darkish but not too dark merino sweater.

In the last year or so, I've added a lot of greens and reds to my wardrobe, mostly leaning on darker shades such as burgundy (e.g. AE oxblood McGregors, burgundy chinos, burgundy lambswool JCF sweater, dark red silk/linen BR sweater). Also today, I received a pair of AE merlot McAllisters that I ordered on closeout. I had known they were purplish but I was surprised at quite how purple they are. I don't see much red in them at all. But I only saw them this evening and it was pretty overcast. Perhaps I'll spot the crimson more in sunlight.

Comment

Working...
                              X