Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    Hi [MENTION=13548]srlclark[/MENTION],

Great to talk again. I apologize for my sporadic participation on this site - My wife is pregnant, I'm remodeling our home, and I'm working extra hours at my marketing job. Not alot of room for fashion right now.

I like the idea that a J Hillburne rep could come measure me - that's one thing i'm nervous about. While $100 IS in my price range, it's the very most I'm willing to spend. I like the idea of spending 60ish at Spier and Mackay alot more. If this STANTT thing is a return, I'll probably go with the,.
    Congratulations on your impending fatherhood! That's great news. I hope the extra work doesn't take it out of you too much in advance of a year without sleep!

I also haven't been on the site as much. Trying to get ready to start teaching again after my sabbatical. Classes start in 10 days!

Completely understand about saving the $40. If it hadn't been for my wedding, I'd have done the same thing. But I'd never had anything made to measure before and it seemed worth it for the special occasion, especially as I decided in the end to get my suit (the more expensive item) off the rack at Suit Supply. Please let us know what you make of the STANTT and/or S&M shirts.

Comment

Hello all,

The Stantt shirt arrived the other day, and I was immediately disappointed. The only reason I tried their service was to get a better fitting shirt, and they totally missed the mark. After measuring my sleeve, chest, and neck carefully, I expected that the shirt that arrived would fit perfectly.

NOPE!

As you can see, both the neck and sleeve are CLEARLY too long, and the shirt as a whole is much looser than I like. It's also too long to wear untucked, despite Stantt's assertion otherwise. The fabric was nothing to write home about.

It DID come with removable metal collar stays, but that doesn't make this ill-fitting shirt worth $100. Overall, I would not order from them ever again.

My next move is to send S&M one of my current, near-perfect shirts and ask them to replicate it with 1/2" longer sleeves. Once they nail the sizing I can get it in as many patterns and types as I like. I'm looking to buy 3-6 shirts, and their MTM service sounds like the logical next step.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        Hello all,

The Stantt shirt arrived the other day, and I was immediately disappointed. The only reason I tried their service was to get a better fitting shirt, and they totally missed the mark. After measuring my sleeve, chest, and neck carefully, I expected that the shirt that arrived would fit perfectly.

NOPE!

As you can see, both the neck and sleeve are CLEARLY too long, and the shirt as a whole is much looser than I like. It's also too long to wear untucked, despite Stantt's assertion otherwise. The fabric was nothing to write home about.

It DID come with removable metal collar stays, but that doesn't make this ill-fitting shirt worth $100. Overall, I would not order from them ever again.

My next move is to send S&M one of my current, near-perfect shirts and ask them to replicate it with 1/2" longer sleeves. Once they nail the sizing I can get it in as many patterns and types as I like. I'm looking to buy 3-6 shirts, and their MTM service sounds like the logical next step.
        dont say i didnt warn ya

my suggestion: get your first shirt from somewhere that does remakes for free (S&M doesnt). I believe proper cloth lets you send in a shirt for replication as well. Then once they do that and have your measurements, you can take those measurements and send them to S&M

Comment

my suggestion: get your first shirt from somewhere that does remakes for free
          Sounds like a reasonable and good suggestion.

As I mentioned before, my wife is pregnant and we've just undertaken a massive renovation project, so I'll probably only get around to starting that shirt purchasing process in a few weeks. Such is life -- dressing well is one thing, but living well takes precedence.

Comment

I thought that S&M does a free remake for the first shirt, but I could be wrong (head over to the S&M thread and ask them).

In all honesty that shirt doesn't look all that bad, although the sleeves are long. I'm assuming the cuff is buttoned, because if it's not them it's hitting the right place...perhaps the cuffs just aren't tight enough. An easy fix to remove and move the button in a bit.

You may want to try washing the shirt first. Most shirts I buy are slightly too large but I've come to understand how much they will generally shrink (up to 5%) after a few washes so I can guess if they will end up being a good fit. Try washing first and then report back. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X