Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever "size-down" a button- down during the spring/ summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever "size-down" a button- down during the spring/ summer?

Let me explain. I am 5'10", 185 lbs., athletic build and I tend to wear a 16.5, 34-35 dress shirt. Well, today, I found a 15.5, 32-33 shirt that looks to be great for the summer. I figure it will have a more contoured fit. Plus, I would roll up the sleeves and wear it open- collar anyways. Thoughts?

I've certainly bought shirts that are too tight in the neck but fit well otherwise if I knew I'd never, ever wear them with a tie.

Comment

I have shirts that are a bit too tight in the neck, which I bought knowing I'd never button them up all the way. Same goes with sleeves, but since you never know when you'll have them unrolled I tend to stick to shirts with sleeves that are generally the right length or a little long, but I avoid too short if possible.

Comment

I'm 6'2 and anywhere from 170 to 180 lbs, very slim in build, and this is basically all my shirts. Since I'm on a student budget, it's just not worth it to get shirts tailored, so instead I buy shirts that fit me well in the body and leave the top few buttons undone and roll up the sleeves (unrolled button down sleeves make me feel like an IT guy or something). For the times I need to wear a tie, I'm always wearing a jacket to hide the extra fabric in the shirt, or have some size small shirts that fit me well enough in the neck (if I'm wearing a bowtie and no jacket or something).

Comment

watch it BrownCow....half the guys on here are "IT guys".

Comment

OOPS!!!!

I guess I mean the cartoon that you see when Best Buy has Geek Squad commercials!

... I guess the only way out of this one is if i pull the "some of my best friends are IT guys" or "I grew up in a neighborhood of IT guys" card...

Comment

Recently bought an oxford shirt in the kids section from a department store (my only way to size down). Sleeves are a bit short, but the length is perfect for wearing untucked. I just have to roll the sleeves and there you go, summer shirt.

By the way, I work in IT.

Comment

I have some shirts from when I was younger and had a smaller neck that I still really like, and that fit me very well in the sleeves and the body. Still wear on a regular basis, just can't wear with a tie.

Comment

Thanks, brethren! I see that I am not alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X